Dell to roll out 'reverse mentoring.'
- Top mentors for women in IT. King, Agnes // BRW;9/21/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p9
The article reports on the commitment of eight high-profile technology chiefs in mentoring women in information technology in Australia. The women sign up for the Women in IT Executive Mentoring Program set up by Dell Australia in 2005. It is noted that women comprise only 20.5 percent of the IT...
- THE GLOBAL MENTOR MATCHUP. Shambora, Jessica // Fortune International (Europe);7/21/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p72
The article reports on a mentoring program co-sponsored by "Fortune" magazine and the U.S. State Department which aims to train and educate young business executives from several developing countries from around the world. It is noted that the investment firm Goldman Sachs has sponsored an award...
- THE NO.1 TRICK TO KICK-START YOUR CAREER. // Cleo;Feb2011, p174
The article explores the benefits of having a mentor for women who want to boost their career development. It relates that Janine Allis, founding and managing director of Boost Juice, attributes the success of her company to her mentor, Flight Centre co-founder Geoff Harris. It presents several...
- Credibility. Tice, Lou // Executive Excellence;Apr2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p14
Discusses factors vital to a management mentor's credibility. Perception of a mentor as a similar other; Achievement of relevant personal success; Accomplishment of having mentored and coached others to success.
- Wanted: Chief executive coach. McDermott, Lynda // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p67
Discusses various aspects of executive coaching in the United States. Executive coaching avoidance; Benefits of coaching; Qualities of a good coach; Encouragement of executives to coach; Initiation of coach-the-coach effort.
- Get help to get to the top. Naudé, Colleen // Finance Week;8/9/2002, p77
Discusses the increasing use of executive coaching in South Africa and the rest of the world. Reasons why executives need such courses; Enhancement of executive skills in areas such as managing change, interpersonal relations and giving presentations with greater confidence; Increased use of...
- How not to become CEO. // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p13
Discusses the benefits and hindrances of mentoring for advancing executives in the corporate ladder. Interference with acquisition of leadership abilities; Requisites for developing corporate vision.
- Fostering a CTO community. Alexander, Steve // InfoWorld;2/18/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p62
Deals with the growth in chief technology officer (CTO) mentoring in the United States. Goal of Jon Williams as a mentor and member of the New York City CTO Club; Reasons behind the growth of CTO mentoring; Scope of mentoring at the Chicago CTO Roundtable; Ways in which CTO mentors can help...
- The Myths of Mentoring. Dolan, Thomas C. // Healthcare Executive;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p5
Comments on several misconceptions about mentoring in business. Impact on a mentor's time and schedules; Cooperation with other senior executives to provide mentoring services; Learning opportunities offered by mentoring to the mentor and the recipient of mentoring services.