NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Shaw Trust awards three-year venue contract to VEM. Bell, Leanne // Conference & Incentive Travel;Feb2010, p12
The article reports on the three-year venue, travel, and accommodation-finding contract given by the national charity Shaw Trust to Venues Event Management (VEM) in Great Britain.
- HR seems unaware of extent of mental ill health. // Occupational Health;Jul2008, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p4
The article discusses research by charity the Shaw Trust which found a lack of awareness among human resource (HR) professionals about both its incidence and how to address mental health problems of employees. Whereas official statistics estimate that one in six people will suffer from some sort...
- Shaw Trust avoids a formal inquiry. Plummer, John // Third Sector;3/31/2009, p3
The article reports on the probe of the Great Britain Charity Commission on the governance and financial management at the Shaw Trust after allegations in August 2008 by Ian Charlesworth, its former chief executive. The commission has decided not to open a formal inquiry into the trust and has...
- Charity blames Pathways to Work for Â£2.8m loss. // Regeneration & Renewal;8/17/2009, p9
The article reports on the blames received by the Shaw Trust for 2.8 million pounds loss of payment-by-results welfare contracts in Great Britain. The government's Pathways to Work contracts are made to reduce figures of incapacity benefits claimants in 2008-2009. Catherine A'Bear, chief officer...
- Commission was 'secretive' over its Shaw Trust findings. Plummer, John // Third Sector;6/2/2009, p4
The article reports on the criticism made by Stephen Bubb, head of chief executives body Acevo, against the British Charity Commission for declining to release the findings of its investigation into governance and financial management at the Shaw Trust. The commission released its findings to...
- Shaw Trust set to join big group. Plummer, John // Third Sector;3/2/2010, Issue 604, p2
The article announces the move of the British third sector charity for disabled people Shaw Trust to join British bidding consortium 3SC that was established by its former chief executive officer (CEO) Ian Charlesworth.
- Shaw Trust puts international work on back burner. Plummer, John // Third Sector;6/8/2010, Issue 618, p3
The article reports on the decision by the Shaw Trust to set aside its foreign work and to focus on exclusively on its projects in Great Britain.
- Charity moves flex supplier. Sullivan, Nicola // Employee Benefits;May2010, p6
The article reports on the success of Shaw Trust in increasing its flexible benefits after appointing Vebnet Ltd. to run its flexible benefits scheme.
- Westbank Plant Nursery starts horticultural project to help jobseekers. // Horticulture Week;6/13/2014, p9
The article reports that the Westbank Plant Nursery has launched the horticultural project called Westbank Enterprises, a collaboration between skills charity Shaw Trust and Perth & Kinross Council, which will provide six-month employment placements to 62 job-seekers.