A third of young women suffer workplace bullying
- workplace bullies. Finnigan, Annie // Working Mother;Dec2011/Jan2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p46
The article discusses the bullying of working mothers in the workplace and how to fight the situation. Based from a "Working Mother" survey, 55 percent of the respondents said that they are bullied at work. It also says that the bosses are the perpetuators with 80 percent of the time. It adds...
- Take 4 steps to stop bullying, intimidation. // Same-Day Surgery;May2010, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p53
The article describes steps which can help stop bullying and intimidation in the workplace. The steps include allowing for informal feedback and being proactive.
- How to Deal with a Mean Colleague. Gallo, Amy // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;10/16/2014, p2
The article offers tips on dealing with a co-worker bully, including finding out the reason behind the aggressive behavior, taking a stand and calling out bad behaviors and asking for help from other colleagues or from management.
- How to: beat the bullies. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/7/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4479, p52
The article presents tips on how to avoid becoming a victim of bullying in the workplace. Of 800 professionals who responded to a survey conducted by "Personnel Today" and anti-bullying charity the Andrea Adams Trust, 75% had been bullied. Behavior that qualifies as bullying includes constant...
- Workplace Harassment: The Social Costs of Bullying. Gumbus, Andra; Lyons, Bridget // Journal of Leadership, Accountability & Ethics;Jul2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p72
Most research on workplace bullying uses survey results to understand working conditions, target and bully characteristics, and results of bullying situations. This study uses content analysis to determine themes emerging from a writing assignment that asks students to respond to questions about...
- Untitled. Pettengell, Tony // Personnel Today;4/7/2009, p14
The article presents the author's views on the reluctance of several enterprises in Great Britain to fund Ban Bullying at Work Day meant to abolish harassment in the work place. It is informed that several big organizations as well as government departments and private sector companies are...
- You can handle an office bully. // Administrative Professional Today;Jun2014, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p1
The article discusses ways of dealing with office bullies. Topics discussed include ways by which bullying can take place in the workplace, importance of assessing the situation first before taking action to address workplace bullying and need for the victim to stand his ground against bullies....
- Workplace Bullying Not Limited to Football Locker Rooms. Witham, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Dec2013, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p32
The article offers views of Steve M. Cohen, president of Labor Management Advisory Group Inc., on workplace bullying, who thinks that bullying is a form of harassment that can cause a hostile work environment and mentions measures such as a policy forbidding bullying behavior and posted reminders.
- A Blue Ocean Philosophy Can Turn the Tide of Leadership. Shadle, Carolyn // Veterinary Team Brief;Jul2014, p49
The article discusses American workers' dissatisfaction due to misbehave on the job and offers a blue ocean philosophy model which comprises three key points to deal with the problem. It mentions the model comprises three key points including the central leadership dogma of understanding...