NEWS IN BRIEF
- OVERTIME AND HOLIDAY PAY. Davies, Christopher // Accountancy;Dec2014, Vol. 153 Issue 1456, p73
The article emphasizes the need for employers in Great Britain to review their holiday pay policy following a 2014 ruling by the Employment Appeal Tribunal on overtime payments. Topics discussed include the key question of what should actually be paid to workers when they are on holiday, the key...
- Knowledge is power for opportunity. Davis, Miles // Recruiter;7/21/2010, p21
The article reports on the significance of a more specialist approach for employee recruitment in Great Britain. It notes that thrust in public sector spending develops opportunities and threats for the employers. Higher recruitment risks suggest that employers want to make things fall into...
- DIGEST: Talent mobility key. // Lawyer (Online Edition);6/16/2011, p11
The article focuses on the need for governments to consider talent mobility to meet the shortages of skilled employees in Great Britain.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // People Management;6/17/2010, p9
The article offers news briefs related to human resource management in Great Britain, as of June 2010, including the results of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) survey of firms experiencing recruitment problems, the plan of the Birmingham City Council to appeal the...
- Minimum staffing ratios would help tempt ex-nurses back, says Lib Dem. Kleebauer, Alistair // Nursing Standard;01/21/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p9
Setting minimum nurse staffing levels in Wales would create a working environment that tempts former nurses back into the profession, members of the Welsh assembly heard.
- Organisations recognise benefits of flexible working. // Personnel Today;2/22/2005, p10
The article states that four in 10 Great Britain employers have extended the right to request flexible working beyond the legislative requirements, according to research from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. The report shows employers believe flexible working can have a...
- notepad. // People Management;7/16/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p13
This section offers news briefs related to human resources in Great Britain. Only a small number of Tesco shareholders backed a motion to have a non-executive director scrutinise allegations that the supermarket has failed to prevent harsh and divisive treatment of migrant workers in its meat...
- The Mailbag. Ritter, David // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to employment law in the U.S. including how to write a tough but legal at-will statement, if there is any legal requirement that a company must pay someone with an advanced degree more than other employees, and the law on rounding up time clocks.
- Driver slowdown 'won't last'. Craik, David // Motor Transport;5/11/2006, p7
The article reports that Edward Roderick, a non-executive chairman of Passim People International, had admitted the unlikeliness of hitting the target of bringing 1,000 Polish drivers to Great Britain by September 2006. The recruited Polish drivers and warehouse men will be paid at British...