Indianapolis to Borrow $185M From SRF for Water Systems
- Consider enhancing sewer cleanup plan. // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p16
Editorial. Comments on the sewerage cleaning plans of Mayor Bart Peterson in Indianapolis, Indiana. Impact of the clean-up scheme on the White River condition; Plans of Mayor Peterson to disregard other water-related problems; Affordability of the cleaning plans.
- Using a Fine To Fund a Science Project. Esfahani, Elizabeth // Governing;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p72
Reports on the science project launched by Bart Peterson, city mayor of Indianapolis, Indiana. Information on the source of the funding for the project; Pharmaceutical company which will collaborate with the project; Details on the project.
- Mayor wants water control. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/27/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p1A
Reports the water control plans of Bart Peterson in Indianapolis, Indiana. Establishment of another city department to manage IWC; Deal to transfer the control of IWC; Effects of creating another city department and budget on the municipality's finances.
- Big biz to bear brunt of sewer fix. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p3
Reports on Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson's plan to increase the city's sewer bill rate to help fund improvements to the city's antiquated sewer system. Difficulty of Clarian Health Partners Inc. to support Peterson's proposal; Overview on the city's sewer system problems; Extra amount to be...
- Mayor seeks pension aid. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p3
Examines the proposal of Mayor Bart Peterson of Indianapolis, Indiana to move public safety pension payments off the city's current books. Cornerstone of Peterson's Unigov overhaul called Indianapolis Works; Value of Indianapolis' unfunded public safety pension liability; City payments toward...
- Renewed hope for restructuring. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p10
The article comments on Indianapolis, Indiana Mayor Greg Ballard's plan to reduce city spending by 10 percent. It argues that reducing the city's funding for arts and greenways initiative would do more harm than good. It suggests restructuring the local government to save city funds. It praises...
- City-County Budget Unveiled. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/8/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32687, p9
The article reports that Indianapolis Mayor Bart Peterson unveiled a proposed $1.05 billion city-county budget for 2008 in Indiana. The budget calls for additional cuts, borrowing, a hiring freeze, increased income taxes while also eliminating a multi-million dollar deficit and, providing $90...
- Lone applicant has high hopes for charter. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/7/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p19A
Describes the efforts of Indianapolis' officials in increasing the number of charter schools in Indianapolis, Indiana. Mayor Bart Peterson's announcement of a program which will train potential charter leaders; Amount of aid given by Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation for the project; Number of...
- City nears convention plan. Davis, Andrea Muirragui // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/19/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the planned expansion of the Indiana Convention Center. Statement by Indiana Mayor Bart Peterson regarding an initiative from the planners; Details of a worked out preliminary funding plan; Emphasis on welcoming more event to the city. INSET: Mayor offers warm welcome to convention...