Calif. Senator Proposes Bonds for Water Storage Facilities
- Bond Bills May Survive Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p1
Reports on developments concerning proposed bond-related bills in the United States as of August 21, 2000. High- and lower-profile proposals that could become part of a possible tax package; Proposal by Representative Doug Bereuter.
- La. Authority Asks Lawmakers to Raise Bonding Ceiling, Unchanged Since '60s. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;05/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31132, p44
Reports on the increase in the Health Education Authority of Louisiana's bonding capacity, under a bill introduced in the state's legislative session. Louisiana House of Representatives' approval of the bill; Representative Mitch Landrieu's introduction of the bill.
- Bill Would Boost RZ Program. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33321, p1
The article reports on the implication of the American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act that would double in size to 50 billion wherein Build America Bonds (BABs) could be utilized for current refundings of existing BABS in the U.S. It notes that the recovery zone bond program allows the...
- Cost of Senate Bill Muni Provisions Rise. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p4
Focuses on the municipal bond provisions in the U.S. Senate's corporate tax bill. Estimated cost of the provisions; Measures proposed to spur the issuance of industrial development bonds; Proposed repeal of the ten-year rule for single-family revenue bonds.
- Muni-bond ratings bill clears panel. // Buffalo Law Journal;8/4/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 62, p1
The article reports on the approval of a bill which subjects municipal bonds to the same ratings standards as those issued by corporations in Washington. According to critics, if municipal and corporate bond markets have the same rating scale, most municipal bonds would have a high enough credit...
- Michigan Bill Allows Municipalities to Sell Post-Retirement Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/18/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32530, p40
The article focuses on a legislation approved by Michigan lawmakers that provides for cities, townships, and counties the authority to sell bonds to finance post-retirement health care benefits. The legislation requires that municipalities should declare the difference between investment returns...
- Wyden Open to Changes. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p1
The article reports that Senator Ron Wyden is open to discussion regarding the possible modifications to the tax-reform bill that would eliminate tax-exempt bonds and replace them with tax-credit bonds in the U.S. It states that he has caused a stir in the municipal bonds market when he...
- Gridlock Busters. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31686, p31
Reports on the introduction of legislation in the U.S. House by Representative James P. Moran that would give the Metropolitan Washington Council of Government's Transportation Planning Board the power to issue municipal bonds for transportation related projects.
- Bills Would Let Michigan Localities Sell OPEB Bonds Without Voters' OK. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p3
The article reports on the package of bills that allow local governments in Michigan to sell bonds without voter approval. Under the bill, municipalities can issue revenue or limited-tax general obligation bonds to finance up to 75 percent of their unfunded accrued other post-employee benefits...