S.F. Airport Plans Big Sale, Moves Toward PFCs
- San Francisco to Sell More Airport Bonds Despite Project Delays. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31013, p4
Reports on plans to issue bonds for facilities at the principal gateway of the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Impact of continued delays in the opening of an international terminal at the San Francisco International Airport; Ratings on the planned bond issues.
- FAR WEST BOND-WATCH. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31247, p33
Reports bond market developments in the United States as of October 2001. Plans of the municipal government of Juneau to issue bonds for the refurbishment of a secondary school in Alaska; Decline in the bond rating of San Francisco International Airport; Decision of the Capital City Development...
- Earthquake closes San Francisco airport for 13 hr., damages tower. O'Lone, R.G.; Henderson, B.W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/23/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p20
Reports that the magnitude seven earthquake that hit Northern California recently forced San Francisco International Airport to close for 13 hours, but other aerospace facilities in the Bay area escaped major damage. Damage to SFO; Costs; Restricted traffic; Landings during quake; Other...
- Luggage-scanning cat. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/24/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 8, p21
Reveals some international passengers at San Francisco's International Airport will have their luggage inspected by an X-ray computer-assisted tomography (CAT) scan system during the next five months. The $4.8 million FAA test program uses an Imatron Industrial Products Inc. (Foster City,...
- Costs high for expansion plan. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/12/96, Vol. 237 Issue 7, p12
Reports on the cost of expansion plans at San Francisco International Airport in California. Takeover of revenue-producing projects; Need for cost-trimming in some aspects of the plans; Changes in management.
- Rain bogs down San Francisco Airport expansion plans. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;4/17/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30374, p1
Focuses on the construction delays in the San Francisco International Airport project in California. Cost of the delays to the project; Cause of the delays; Scheduled completion of the project.
- Market watch. // Travel Agent;10/17/94, Vol. 273 Issue 1, p107
Reports on the construction of a new international terminal for San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in California. Features; Remarks by Ron Wilson, SFO director of Community Affairs.
- Oakland prepares to accept traffic from damaged SFO. O'Lone, R.G. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/30/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 18, p25
Reports that San Francisco International (SFO) Airport officials estimate the October 17 earthquake caused about $23 million in damage, including a $15 million air cargo building declared a total loss. Oakland Airport, across the bay, is already experiencing more traffic than usual, and is...
- Labor protests fly, bids are high. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/22/96, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p16
Reports that the San Francisco International Airport is having trouble in their expansion plans as four bids for the international terminal all came in higher than expected. Lawsuits filed by two associations; Rejection of Asian Americans Contractors Association's allegation of conflict of interest.