North Carolina Faces Tough Decisions; Budget Deficit Exceeds $850 Million
- OKLAHOMA: Budget Accord Struck. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p9
The article reports that budget cuts would be implemented on public spendings in Oklahoma in an aim to balance the remaining fiscal 2010 budget.
- Bailouts, overspending push budget deficit to record level. Benko, Anita // Budapest Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 46, p3
Reports Hungary's budget deficit will reach almost nine percent of gross domestic product. Expenditure to bail out state-owned corporations; Impact on the country's planned entry into the European Union.
- The States Cry Wolf. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal (Central New York);2/21/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p26
Comments on the request of the National Conference for State Legislatures for an additional federal funds to cover the budget deficits in the U.S. Amount of the proposed rescue plan; Need for public spending cuts; Result of inflation-adjusted spending.
- Administrative reform as policy change and policy non-change. Campbell, JC // Social Science Japan Journal;Oct99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p157
efforts are quite popular but rarely have much effect. Post-war Japan is no exception. For decades, attention focused on restraining the number of civil servants across all government agencies, a 'balanced' approach that was attractive because it was easy to implement. The administrative reform...
- Economic Policy: Fiscal Situation - Recent Developments. // Algeria Country Monitor;Nov2011, p13
The article offers information on the progress in fiscal situation in Algeria such as the first recorded budget deficit in 2009 and the increase of budget surplus in 2008.
- Outlook of Illinois Comptroller Is a Bit Gloomier Than Governor's. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p44
Focuses on the speculations on the financial situation of Illinois. Fiscal deficit of the state; Call for the budget stabilization fund; Notion on the budget deficit under generally accepted accounting principles.
- Omaha Mayor Wants to Raise Taxes, Cut Jobs, Spending. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p6
Reports the plan of Mayor Mike Fahey to compensate budget deficits in Omaha, Nebraska. Implementation of budget cut spending; Retrenchment of government employees working in city hall; Increase in property tax revenues.
- Kansas Faces Budget Crunch, Though Less Than Last Year's. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p4
Reports on developments related to public finance in Kansas as of April 7, 2000. Budget deficit for fiscal years 2000 to 2002.
- Indianapolis Officials Warn of Possible Budget Shortfall. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p32
Reports efforts of the administration of Mayor Bart Peterson to fill the budget deficit in Indianapolis, Indiana. Reserve fund as a possible source; Possible savings on a state loan related to the Circle Centre Mall; Concerns of the state over shortfall in the police and firefighter pension fund.
- Public finances in the European Union. // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Nov99, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p358
Presents graphs depicting public finances of the European Union (EU) Member State. Effect of excessive budget deficits on EU members; Requirements of the Stability Growth Pact for EU members; Role of the European Central Bank in reducing deficits in 1997; Decrease in deficit ratio for member...