Okla. Gov. Keating Calls Special Session
- Oklahoma's Keating proposes record bond issuance for 2000 to legislature. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/09/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30825, p3
Focuses on the request made by Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating from the state legislature on approving bond issues for the year 2000. Projects needing bond financing; Amount of the total bond issues; Cultural projects to benefit from the issue.
- Okla. power struggle imperils `rainy day' school aid. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;6/21/95, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p12
Reports on how the power struggle between Republican Governor Frank Keating and the Democrat-controlled state legislature affects the state's school aid program. Money for districts with enrolment expansion; Keating's veto on some school funds.
- ABA Taps Former Oklahoma Gov. Frank Keating as New CEO. // Illinois Banker;Jan2011, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p26
The article mentions the appointment of former of Gov. Frank Keating of Oklahoma as the new president of the American Bankers Association (ABA).
- Oklahoma's Bond Program Takes Step Ahead, But Challenges Persist. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p4
Reports the efforts of Governor Frank Keating to acquire back the bond program in Oklahoma. Declaration of the Legislative Bond Oversight Commission as unconstitutional; Request for a review on the grant anticipation revenue vehicle issue by Keating; Officers of the commission.
- Shortfall Stay. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/3/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31524, p31
Reports that Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating in a one-day special session on last week of November 2002 made a request to the Board of Pardons and Paroles to issue commutations for nonviolent offenders in order to reduce the state's budget. Suggestions made by Keating on the budget shortfall;...
- Cut Overhead, Raise Pay In Schools, Keating Says. Trotter, Andrew // Education Week;02/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p19
Focuses on Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating's educational policy in his State of the State Address. Government policy on teachers' salaries in Oklahoma; Proposal for capital improvement of schools in Oklahoma.
- First Glance. // Credit Union Times;3/16/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one on CARD Act of the credit union which offers credit cards to university students, one on the approach of Frank Keating of the American Bankers Association for the...
- The Epilepsy Foundation Salutes the ABA's Frank Keating. // Illinois Banker;Apr2011, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p24
The article announces that Frank Keating, former Oklahoma governor and president and chief execiutive officer (CEO) of the American Bankers Association (ABA), has received the 2011 Distinguished Achievement Award. from the Epilepsy Foundation.
- Why I Support Capital Punishment. Keating, Frank // Human Events;05/19/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 18, p1
Explains why Oklahoma Governor Frank Keating support capital punishment. Death penalty statute of Oklahoma; Campaign against death penalty; Reality of capital punishment.