Texas Port Plan Closer To Reality
- Court nixes Colorado's road plan. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/27/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30628, p1
Discusses the implication of the Colorado Supreme Court's rejection of a proposed $1.3-billion state transportation finance plan. Rationale behind the ruling; Creation of a multiyear debt under the state's constitution; Effects of the ruling on lease-backed municipal debt.
- South Carolina SIB expects high ratings for upcoming transportation deals. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;09/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30487, p8
Reports that the South Carolina State Infrastructure Bank Board expects high ratings for its planned $1.5 billion bonds intended for transportation projects. Description of projects to finance; Questions on possible tax hikes; Possible sources of debt service.
- Florida to sell $200 million of DOT bonds. Laterman, Kaya // Bond Buyer;07/17/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30189, p2
Reports on the state of Florida's plans to sell $200 million of Department of Transportation right-of-way acquisition and bridge construction bonds.
- Wary Portfolio Managers Don't Hurt Northwest Airlines Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p6
Focuses on transportation-related bonds in the high-yield sector in the United States. Minneapolis-Saint Paul Metropolitan Airports Commission's issuance of nonrated special facility for Northwest Airlines; Portfolio managers' concern about airline-backed deals.
- Missouri democrats: $2B or not $2B for roads? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/28/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30817, p36
Reports on the proposed $2 billion bonding plan for transportation projects in Missouri. Terms under the plan; Supporters of the plan.
- TEXAS Austin Takes It to the Street. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33744, p9
The article offers information about 140 million U.S. dollar being a part of general obligation bond referendum for the transportation projects in Austin, Texas and informs that the bonds would finance street, sidewalks and hiking and biking trails.
- Spotsylvania Co., Va., Sets $278M Bond Vote. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p4
Reports on the plan of the officials in Spotsylvania County, Virginia to put bond questions on the November 2005 ballot. Proposed funding for local transportation projects; County board of supervisors' approval of a resolution to place four separate tax-exempt general obligation bond questions...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. McDonald, Michael; Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31774, p2
Presents news briefs pertaining to the municipal bond market and the economy in the U.S., as of December 4, 2003. Transportation Department's announcement that it will provide transit funding for three projects in lower Manhattan, New York City; Decline in the Institute for Supply Management's...
- Oklahoma Prices Bonds For $1 Billion Highway Project. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p6
Reports that the Oklahoma Capital Improvement Authority will price revenue bonds to finance the second phase of a highway program approved by the state legislature in 1997. Amount of bonds to be issued by the state; Senior underwriter for the bonds.