Review of recent evidence: Potential interaction between clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors
- Expert consensus document offers suggestions on concomitant PPI, antiplatelet drug use. // Hem/Onc Today;11/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p40
The article focuses on the expert consensus document about the concomitant use of proton pump inhibitor and thienopyridines issued by the American College of Cardiology, American College of Gastroenterology and the American Heart Association.
- Consensus on the use of PPIs and antiplatelets. // Reactions Weekly;1/29/2011, Issue 1336, p1
This article focuses on a document released by the American College of Cardiology, American College of Gastroenterology, and the American Heart Association which claims that it is appropriate to use proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) in patients receiving antiplatelets who are at risk for...
- PPIs reduce clopidogrel-induced GI bleeding without reducing efficacy. // Reactions Weekly;5/15/2010, Issue 1301, p2
This article reports on a study on the use of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) in combination with clopidogrel to reduce the risk of serious gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding.
- Perioperative risk. Wertheim, William A. // Geriatrics;Jul2000, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p61
Examines the guidelines of the American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association regarding the assessment and perioperative risk management of patients undergoing noncardiac surgery. Myths about surgery endure; Validity of the guidelines; Case scenario and resolution on a...
- INTERNAL MEDICINE. Naunton, Mark // Journal of Pharmacy Practice & Research;2009, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p321
The article presents abstracts on internal medicine research topics which include the resolution of osteonecrosis of the jaw after therapy with teriparatide, the efficacy of clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors in patients with acute coronary syndrome and the use of omega-3 and sertraline in...
- THE EFFECTS OF PROTON PUMP INHIBITORS ON CLOPIDOGREL EFFICACY IN PATIENTS WITH ACS THROUGH PCI IN CHINA. // Heart;Oct2010, pA135
An abstract of the article "The Effects of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Clopidogrel Efficacy in Patients With ACS Through PCI in China" by Zhao Ming and colleagues is presented.
- PPIs and Clopidogrel: Do We Have to Worry? // Critical Care Alert;Dec2009 Clinical Briefs in Primary, p23
The article focuses on the data which suggested that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) should be avoided when treating acute coronary syndromes with clopidogrel or prasugrel.
- PPI-clopidogrel mix more than doubles risk of death. // Pulse;3/17/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p11
The article reports on a study that showed co-prescribing proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) and clopidogrel more than double the risk of death in stroke patients.
- Adverse Reaction Research. // Reactions Weekly;10/29/2011, Issue 1375, p4
The article reports that more patients treated with clopidogrel are also receiving CYP2C19 inhibitors, such as proton pump inhibitors.