International hospital pharmacy section reorganizes to promote Basel Statements
- Ebola: what it tells us about medical ethics. Dawson, Angus J // Journal of Medical Ethics;Jan2015, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p107
Good medical ethics needs to look more to the resources of public health ethics and use more societal, population or community values and perspectives, rather than defaulting to the individualistic values that currently dominate discussion. In this paper I argue that we can use the recent...
- Essential medicines and human rights: what can they learn from each other? Hogerzeil, Hans V. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;May2006, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p371
Most countries have acceded to at least one global or regional covenant or treaty confirming the right to health. After years of international discussions on human rights, many governments are now moving towards practical implementation of their commitments. A practical example may be of help to...
- Big science under the microscope. Bown, William // New Scientist;9/25/93, Vol. 139 Issue 1892, p6
Reports on first deliberations of the scientific organization, The Megascience Forum to ease the path of international cooperation in big research projects. Release of drilling and astronomy reports; Necessity of young researchers for long-term astronomy projects; Long-term costs of building...
- World Science Forum: strong on responsibilities. // Outlook on Science Policy;Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p123
Presents a report on the first World Science Forum held in Budapest, Hungary in November 2003. Recommendation for continuation of forum every two years; Tabulation of main conclusions at forum; List of main recommendations about global ethical responsibility of the scientific community.
- Russia, the U.S. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/25/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 13, p27
Reports on an agreement between Russian, US and 26 other countries to establish an organization called the New Forum by the end of 1995 to prevent the spread of destabilizing weapons.
- Seoul-ful Setting Drives Fruitful ASEAN-ROK Transport Forum Talks. // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Oct2014, p46
The article presents an advertising features on the Fifth ASEAN-ROK Transport Cooperation Forum held in Seoul, South Korea on June 17-20, 2014.
- Forum to promote bilateral trade. // Eastern Eye;11/20/2015, Issue 1329, p14
The article discusses the highlights of the UK-India Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Forum wherein British and Indian business leaders urged a more transparent and consistent decision-making process and identifies areas of cooperation and bilateral trade, held on November 13, 2015. INSET: Who's...
- ASHP joins Mexican, Canadian societies in compact. Young, Donna // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p123.
Announces the cross-border agreement between the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists and the and the Mexican Association of Hospital Pharmacists. Formation of the North American Compact on the Advancement of Hospital Pharmacy; Commitment of...
- Pacific Forum on Non-communicable Diseases (NCDs) 2009 Issues/Recommendations. // PIN Pacific Islands NCDs;2010, Vol. 69, p4
The article focuses on the issues or recommendations at the Pacific non-communicable diseases (NCDs) Forum 2009. It states that legislation and policy must be utilized to deal with NCDs and the World Health Organization (WHO) is making a guide in giving practical effect to law and policy. It...