THE CAREER PLATEAU: CAUSES AND EFFECTS
- Will You Hit the Big Time? McCafferty, Megan Fitzmorris // Cosmopolitan;Mar1999, Vol. 226 Issue 3, p159
Offers tips on how to succeed with your work by pleasing the boss. How to deal with an office mate who likes to gossip; How to dress for the office; How to deal with various types of coworkers.
- Whose Career Is Likely to Plateau? Slocum Jr., John W.; Cron, William L.; Yows, Linda C. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr87, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p31
The purpose of this article is to aid individuals and organizations in identifying the signals of plateauing and the situations in which plateauing is most likely to occur. Salespeople in a large chemical-agriculture company were surveyed and data were analyzed to see: * Why plateaued and...
- Key promotions at Rite Aid, pharmacy operations post open. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;7/22/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p3
Announces key promotions and executive changes at Rite Aid. Responsibility of Mark Panzer who was named senior executive vice president of store operations; Position assumed by Chris Hall, former executive vice president of finance and accounting; Promotion of Robert Sari, former senior vice...
- A New Roadmap for Professional Advancement. Henley, Richard J. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov99, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p14
Discusses professional advancement in the healthcare industry. Skills managers must improve; Why the decisions made by the financial manager could have negative repercussions throughout the organization; Importance of self-assessment on professional advancement.
- Counteroffers Can Be Counterproductive to Your Career. Cohen, Kenneth R. // Healthcare Executive;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p30
The article suggests how to get what an employee wants from the employer without submitting resignation. Employee should ask directly what he wants and deserves without mentioning any outside offers and opportunities. If an employee submits resignation with the reason that he has a better offer...
- 'Do you want a raise?'. Ridilia, Paul // Plumbing & Mechanical;May2013, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p62
The article focuses on motivating and training for the employee to gain higher wages and suitable promotions. Foremen are judged by their training efforts as well as producing quality workmanship ahead of schedule. An employee's advance in wages and promotions will be helped by his work attitude...
- Managing Career Plateauing in the Quebec Public Sector. Lemire, Louise; Saba, Tania; Gagnon, Yves-Chantal // Public Personnel Management;Fall99, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p375
Many events in recent decades have made promotion opportunities increasingly scarce, thus significantly changing the career prospects of a large number of individuals. Feelings of career failure can have negative consequences for both individuals and organizations. Based on a survey of 192...
- Understanding career plateauing: Implications for counseling. Tan, Carol S.; Salomone, Paul R. // Career Development Quarterly;Jun94, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p291
Suggests counseling interventions that can help individuals recognize and adjust to career plateauing. Maintenance or enhancement of worker productivity and job satisfaction; Proactive measures to perpetuate the work behavior of the ineffective, plateaued worker.
- PNC appoints head of direct banking. // American Banker;5/7/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 87, p10
Looks at the appointment of Judith E. Campbell, to the position of senior vice president and manager, in the direct bank unit at the PNC Bank Corporation. Information on the objectives of the unit; Discussion on the responsibilities of Campbell; Background information on Campbell's career.