Sitting Atop the Crest of the Wave
- Government buying back leases affected by OCS moratoria. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p16
Reports that the United States government is paying almost $200 million to nine oil and gas companies affected by the federal moratoria from drilling on select Outer Continental Shelf leases.
- NFPA 54 review ends April 13. // LP/Gas;Apr99, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on a public review that is being conducted on certain sections of the NFPA 54 code in the oil and gas industry that were changed because of comments submitted during the initial review period. Deadline for the comment period.
- California. // Assessment Journal;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p18
Report on the ruling of the California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District, Division Four, No. B103560, July 23, 1997, on the assessor of the Dominguez energy, L.P. Argument of the assessor on the allocation of environment cleanup expenses to the final year of an oil and gas leases; What...
- Ecofreaks, go home. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/5/94, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p20
Reports opposition to Special Places 2000, the environmentalist-driven program to place at least 13% of Alberta land completely off-limits to oil and gas exploration and forestry and radically restrict grazing and vehicular recreation. Alberta Wilderness Association (AWA); Concerns; Comments by...
- BP cleared to buy more oil and gas leases hi Gulf of Mexico. // Hill;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 141, p26
An excerpt from an article published in the newspaper "The Birmingham News" is presented regarding the permission given by the U.S. Interior Department to BP PLC to purchase oil and gas leases in the Gulf of Mexico for the first time since the massive oil spill in the summer of 2011.
- OCS leasing plan for 1997-2002 revealed by MMS. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;Sep95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p16
Reports that 16 lease offerings in eight offshore planning areas will be offered in the United States Minerals Management Services (MMS) Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Leasing Program for 1997-2002. Desire for less resistance to OCS leasing; Formation of a subcommittee to review areas covered by...
- Royalty relief granted for third time. Smith, Jennifer E. // Offshore;Sep98, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p26
Reports on the United States Minerals Management Service's awarding of deepwater royalty relief for the third time in August 1998. Deepwater Royalty Relief Act of 1995; Suspension of royalties on the products produced from the Amoco-operated King's Peak gas field.
- Proposed Reinstatement of Terminated Oil and Gas Lease WYW172987, Wyoming. Olsen, Debra A. // Federal Register;7/25/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 143, p43612
The article presents the U.S. Department of the Interior and Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) notice on proposed reinstatement of terminated oil and gas lease WYW172987 for land in Natrona County, Wyoming filed by Tyler Rockies Exploration Ltd.
- Proposed Reinstatement of Terminated Oil and Gas Lease WYW179184, Wyoming. Lovett, Carmen // Federal Register;7/25/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 143, p43612
The article presents the U.S. Department of the Interior and Bureau of Land Management's (BLM) notice on proposed reinstatement of terminated oil and gas lease WYW179184 for land in Natrona County, Wyoming filed by Legacy Energy Inc.