- HR Profession in Estonia: Content and Contradictions. Tepp, Milvi // Working Papers in Economics;2007, Vol. 23 Issue 159-162, p17
In this article the HR (human resource) professionalisation process in Estonia is studied. Debates about the content, possibility and necessity of HR or personnel as a profession have a history of almost forty years and they are still ongoing. A wide scope of subjects and the temporal scale of...
- Why only twits would ignore the potential (and pitfalls) of Twitter. Gorham, Julia // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p36
The article deals with the use of Twitter, a social networking Web site, by human resources (HR) practitioners. It outlines some of the benefits of Twitter's connectivity for business organizations, including reducing traffic on company e-mail systems and avoiding long-distance telephone calls....
- Separating Yourself Post-Renaissance. McAuliffE, Jason // POWERGRID International;Oct2009, Vol. 14 Issue 10, Special section p4
The article offers insights to professionals on how to obtain career opportunities in the refining industry. It notes that human-resource executives spend most of their time looking for professionals who have a very specific background and experience in a particular discipline. Professionals are...
- SHRM Committee. // Caribbean Business;9/23/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 37, pS2
A photograph is presented which depicts the members of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) Committee including secretary Aixa GarcÃa, administrator Ana Iglesias and 2009-2010 president Angie Lugo.
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;4/3/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the appointment of human resource (HR) directors in Great Britain.
- THE ITALIAN PERSONNEL MANAGER. Ferrari, Sergio // Management International Review (MIR);1975, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p67
This article presents a survey conducted on personnel managers in Italy on issues related to their importance and role in policy formulation process. A mail questionnaire including 55 questions has been sent to the personnel managers of 700 Italian firms representing all types of firms, in size,...
- Dennis Concordia enjoys working with the community and has been a key proponent in bringing big names to town, including actors Michael Douglas, Al Pacino and Sylvester Stallone. On his off time, Concordia enjoys walking his dog and volunteering at... SOMERSET, JAY // HR Professional;Oct2013, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p38
An interview with Dennis Concordia, vice-president of human resources (HR) at Carstar, a franchise company focused on automobile collision and glass repair, is presented. Among the issues he discussed include the core responsibilities and challenges of his job, the most common misconception...
- Are you HR certified? // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p27
Presents a survey on views concerning certification of human resource professionals in the United States.
- Look Who's at the Helm. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Nov2001, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the appointment of human resource department heads who are not human resource professionals. Advantages of working with people without human resource background; Importance of the role of human resource executives in industrial management.