Your questions about the new Acas code of practice answered
- Commentary: Luke Parsons QC. Parsons, Luke // Lawyer;9/3/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p17
The article focuses on the British court case Itochu Corp. v. Johann MK Blumenthal GmbH & Co. KG, which dealt with sole arbitration under the British Arbitration Act of 1996.
- A useful tool in the box. Fletcher, Rachel; Gunaratna, Kavan // Estates Gazette;7/16/2011, Issue 1128, p67
The article presents questions and answers related to the use of a pact as an appropriate alternative dispute resolution (ADR) method to resolve lease renewal disputes.
- A new lease of life for arbitration process. Goodall, Carol; Butterworth, Martin; Joyce, Jacqui; Conway, Keith // Estates Gazette;1/23/2010, Issue 1003, p98
The article discusses the objectives of the scheme Professional Arbitration on Court Terms (PACT) that is being reintroduced in Great Britain to provide a form of alternative dispute resolution into the process of renewing leases. It notes key benefits being offered by the scheme in terms of...
- GLOBAL ARBITRATION: Cross-border in court. // Engineer (Online Edition);5/23/2011, p42
The article discusses the unavailability of better alternatives to resolve the cross-border agreements in Great Britain. It mentions the concerns of chief executive officers (CEO), senior legal officers and general counsels on the complexities of the international arbitration. The influence of...
- Case of the week: Arbitration. // Lawyer;9/3/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p17
The article focuses on the British court case Itochu Corp. v. Johann MK Blumenthal GmbH & Co. KG, which dealt with a legality of using a sole arbiter an arbitration proceedings. Topics include the British Arbitration Act of 1996, the enforcement of arbitration clauses on contracts, and the the...
- Cover up. // Lawyer;6/11/2012, p32
The article presents answers from British attorneys including Sarah Clover, Ian Peacock, and David Rutherford on questions including mitigation cost clauses, the increase in professional negligence claims against law firms, and arbitration for the settlement of indemnity claims.
- Cover up. // Lawyer;6/18/2012, p32
The article presents answers from attorneys including Sarah Clover, Ian Peacock, and David Rutherford on questions including mitigation cost clauses, the increase in professional negligence claims against law firms, arbitration for the settlement of indemnity claims.
- Russia: Mind the bear traps. Ames, Jonathan // Lawyer;3/17/2014, p1
The article focuses on the type of legal services used by Russian oligarchs in 2014. Topics include the rate of commercial arbitration involving Russian oligarchs in 2014, why the oligarchs prefer to conduct legal proceedings in Great Britain rather than Russia, and international dispute...
- MIND THE GAP: THE EQUALITY BILL AND SHARIA ARBITRATION IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. MARET, REBECCA E. // Boston College International & Comparative Law Review;Winter2013, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p255
The observance of Sharia principles in Islamic arbitration tribunals operating in the United Kingdom has been heralded for its ability to provide Muslim communities with internal, community-based fora for dispute resolution. Although the judgments issued by these faith-based arbitration...