How Stringer tangled claims for holiday during sick leave
- Holiday leave rules set to change from October. Pasha, Rehan // GP: General Practitioner;6/15/2007, p45
The article offers information about the changes in the annual leave from October 2007 in Great Britain. Accordingly, from October 1, 2007 the government proposes that paid leave will increase to 24 days a year to 28 days by October 1, 2008. The changes include the freedom of employer to tell...
- Clarify what happens with unused vacation pay. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Dec2015, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p3
The article advises employers to make their policies clear when they want to limit payouts for accrued vacation pay on discharge.
- DON'T BANK ON EASY CALCULATIONS. Hunt, Mark // People Management;2/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the British government's proposal to increase the minimum statutory holiday for British workers from 20 to 28 days a year. Although this will increase paid leave for 6 million workers, the majority of employers will not be materially affected because most already allow...
- Q&A. // Human Capital;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p78
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the legality of "No-Pay Leave Policy" in India.
- TAKE THIS JOB AND, ER, SAVE IT FOR ME WHILE I FIND MYSELF. Jones, Kyla; Naddaf, Raha // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Jul2006, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p133
The article offers tips on how to successfully request an extended vacation from one's manager.
- Start planning now to avoid 5th of July fireworks. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;May2013, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p1
The article offers information on the vacation day on July 5, 2013.
- Happy travels. PEACOCK, CHRIS // ASTA Network Magazine;Fall2013, p7
The article discusses the report "No-Vacation Nation Revisited," released by the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) in 2013, which found that workers in majority of the richest countries in the world, including France and Canada, are guaranteed to paid vacation leave by law.
- credit.@work. Denka, Andy // Business Credit;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p18
The article provides an answer to a question of how to make employees feel comfortable about taking advantage of their vacation leave.
- Updated FMLA adds military component. Chatfield, Andrea G. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/22/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p33
The article provides an answer to a question of an entitlement of additional leave.