Racism tests 'to help employers.'
- Police recruiting policy under fire over 'racism'. Millar, Michael // Personnel Today;2/14/2006, p3
The article presents information on the racial discrimination over police recruiting policy in England. A would-be recruit, turned down by Gloucestershire, England police because he was white, has accused the force of creating an environment ripe for racial discrimination. Matt Powell, an IT...
- Consider the legal implications. Amphlett, Jane // People Management;7/2/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p12
The author offers her views on the legal implications of psychometric testing in recruitment and promotion decisions, particularly the "Implicitly" assessments. She says that if the test is used in recruitment or promotion, employers must demonstrate that it is an appropriate means of achieving...
- Psychometric testing on the increase in the UK. Williams, Nadia // Personnel Today;10/13/2009, p23
The article reports on the increased use of the psychometric testing among the employers to recruit managerial employees in the human resource management in Great Britain.
- The sorcerer's apprentices. Overell, Stephen // Personnel Today;3/4/2003, p12
Discusses the effectiveness of psychometric testing for the purpose of recruiting. Method of psychometric testing; Benefits of psychometric testing; Criticism of psychometric testing.
- DO AGENCIES HAVE A PERSONALITY PROBLEM? // B&T Magazine;6/24/2011, Vol. 61 Issue 2744, p10
The author talks about the importance of personality profiling in creating high performance teams and using psychometric testing as part of the recruitment process.
- Remembrance of things not passed. Kingston, Peter // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p98
Comments on the use of psychometric testing in employee recruitment. Disadvantages of psychometric tests; Views on the advantages of relying on personal instinct in assessing applicants; Background on psychometric testing.
- How to go psychometric. ROBINSON, PAUL // New Zealand Management;Apr2012, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p54
A list of tips for incorporating psychometric assessments into a company's recruiting process is presented, including combining assessments with other recruiting techniques, the opportune time to implement assessments, and informing candidates about their upcoming assessment.
- Recruit on ability, not colour or accent. Adebayo, Ibukun // Computer Weekly;7/18/2006, p28
The article presents the author's views on racism in IT employees' recruitment. With respect to the IT recruitment industry, racism is a blight. Racism, sexism, ageism that are preventing recruiting companies from accessing a larger pool of quality candidates should be addressed by all...
- Personality trait secrets. Tulip, Sam // People Management;8/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p34
Reports on the opinion of companies on the use of psychometric testing in hiring applicants. Approaches of the U.S. and Great Britain to psychometric testing; Job relevance of the tests; Advantages of using the tests.