NEWS FROM THE WEB
- Hundreds of GPs seeking active service. // Pulse;2/17/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p11
Reports that three branches of the Great Britain Royal Air Force are offering salaries up to 94, 000 pound to general practitioners to help make up a critical shortfall of medical personnel ahead of a possible war with Iraq.
- Skills Gaps Often Very Basic: English, Critical Thinking, Solving Problems. Minton-Eversole, Theresa // HR Magazine;May2013, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on a study conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) in 2012 which found that many organizations reported difficulty in recruiting employees for specific job openings, discussing the skills gap in fields like science, engineering, and nursing.
- RAF embraces direct action to lure top staff. // Precision Marketing;3/1/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p2
Reports on the effort of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) to recruit support staff. Information on the recruitment strategy; Remarks from RAF marketing head Bob Jones.
- Echo helps RAF recruits fly high. Barton, Nathan; Seller, Ted // Recruiter;Apr2014, p28
The article discusses the work of Echo Managed Services (EMS) in helping the Royal Air Force (RAF) mission of supporting the British defense vision as stakeholder. Topics covered include the work of EMS with RAFCareers that was started in 1999, the move to "just-in-time" recruitment in 2010 and...
- RAF uses Bauer Media for recruitment drive. // Marketing Week;10/16/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p33
The article reports that the Royal Air Force (RAF) of Great Britain is using the media company Bauer Media to make recruitments for the role of personnel administrator. The RAF is launching a campaign that will run across television, radio, print, and Internet of various brands of Bauer Media....
- Realism and relevance are a powerful combination. // Human Resources (09648380);Jan2009, p11
The article presents a commentary on the advertisement made two employers in Great Britain. It criticizes the advertisement made by the Royal Air Force regiment as well as the Flight Center Ltd. where in it mentions that video gaming approach made by the royal air force to encourage its audience...
- How I got where I am today. Logan, Ken; Phillips, Lucy // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p48
An interview with Ken Logan, human resource (HR) director at Equifax, is presented. He describes how he got into HR through his entry into the British Royal Air Force (RAF). He talks about his important contribution to the implementation of a workforce restructuring initiative at an engineering...
- How can I avoid hiring another fraudster? Hawkins, Chris; Lenihan, Julie; Medhi, Arjun // People Management;12/11/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p40
The article offers tips for employers on how to avoid hiring employees who fake their credentials. Education and credential history are exaggerations or lies more than 10 per cent of the time. The only way to be sure that applicants have the credentials that they claim to have is to compare the...
- Dealing with your human capital. // Finance Week;6/29/2005, special section p31
Focuses on the function of human resources to assist functional managers in the U.S. Determination of the company's recruitment policy; Importance of job standards and qualifications; Inclusion of determining service conditions in manpower maintenance.