New forum created to fight growing risk of staff fraud
- Vetting staff avoids risk. // Accountancy;May2007, Vol. 139 Issue 1365, p116
The article focuses on a workshop for chartered accountants on the impact of fraud on business. The importance of following procedures when recruiting and interviewing employees in order to identify potential fraud risks was stressed at the workshop. Workshop participants were informed that a...
- Looking Ahead. // California Job Journal;4/5/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1179, p15
A calendar of job events for the California area in April 2009 is presented which includes "Jobs for Youth Program" in Menlo Park, a job forum in San Francisco, and a Business Networking Mixer in San Ramon.
- Foreclosure fraud forum Sept. 9 in Skokie. // Windy City Times;9/5/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p9
The article offers information on a foreclosure fraud forum to be held at the Ethical Humanist Society of Chicago in Skokie, Illinois on September 9, 2012.
- HR Space. // Employers Law;Dec2010/Jan2011, p17
The article presents several issues discussed during a human resource (HR) management forum in Great Britain. Employers with a potentially suicidal employee are advised to hold a meeting with the employee and discuss the difficulties of the situation from the stand of the company. It adds that...
- Paths to success. // Texas Business Review;Oct96, p1
Discusses findings by a task force created by the Business-Higher Education Forum to study companies' employee training practices. Characteristics of the corporations reviewed; Dissatisfaction with college graduates' preparation for work; Companies' emphasis on hiring graduates right out of...
- Women for Progress works to give women the edge in business world. Thomas-Tisdale, Alice // Jackson Advocate;9/27/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 50, p1A
The article discusses a forum on business networking organized by the organization Women for progress of Mississippi in Jackson, Mississippi in September 2012 and presents brief information about the speakers including Elaine M. Brown, Rhonda Joy McLean and Marsha Haygood.
- New Elements of Fraud. // Compliance Week;Apr2010, Vol. 7 Issue 75, p46
The article focuses on the roundtable discussion of the executives which focuses on the elements of fraud and various measures that will help organizations prevent the practice.
- Welfare idea wins praise. // Professional Engineering;07/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p10
Reports on Forum of Private Business' opposition to the decision of British government to subsidize job schemes. Effect of the scheme to small firms; Warning from the organization.
- ASSE launches utilities branch. // Public Works;Mar2010, Vol. 141 Issue 3, p13
The article reports that the Utilities Branch of the American Society of Safety Engineers' (ASSE) Construction Practice Specialty will conduct a forum intended for safety, health, and environmental professionals to enhance practices in safety and health issues that affect electricity, solar, and...