Bonuses are back
- CHARACTERISTICS THAT COUNT. Daly, Nancy R. // Association Management;Jan2003, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p49
Focuses on the issues related to leadership traits of board members. Improvement of ability to lead; Enhancement of skills in mentoring; Ability of leader to mobilize staff and volunteers in an associations.
- HR career issues... Pickering, Ann; Searle, Peter // Personnel Today;10/13/2009, p16
The article provides an answer to a question of making the role of human resource director dynamic and ever ready for board.
- It's wise to be cautious when forming a board. Haskell, Lew // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p38
Presents a question-and-answer advisory related to the creation of a board of directors. Factors to consider in forming a board; Importance of challenging the pressures of conformity; Tips for selecting advisers.
- `Protect us from dishonest directors. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Nov/Dec99, Issue 17, p6
Provides guidelines on how businesses can protect themselves from fraudulent company directors. Registering non-limited businesses and their proprietors; Availability of value-added tax (VAT) registrations; Statutory obligation for insolvency practitioners to report suspicions of fraudulent...
- You've Come a Long Way, Baby. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Feb2005, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p12
Introduces an article on the role of human resources managers in providing education and training to boards of directors.
- eyes wide SHUT. Bradshaw, William A. // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p24
Discusses how to solve communication gap between board of directors and their personnel. Information on the consultation paper published by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation; How directors can be assured about the effectiveness of strategic management; Contribution of managers to their...
- Board Oversight: Becoming An 'Employer Of Choice'. Lilienthal, Peter W. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 21 Issue 124, p13
Focuses on oversight in the role of board members in the United States. Inclusion of courtroom precedents that have made effective employee reporting systems for legal and job concerns a must for effective monitoring; Board members' discharging of their duties on employee issues; Requirement...
- SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. Tripalin, Joe // Credit Union Management;Jul2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p34
Focuses on the challenges faced by credit union directors in managing employees. Components of an executive compensation program; Competition in hiring qualified executives; Important executive compensation tool.
- Choosing directors--the wrong game plan. Lochner, Jr., Philip R. // NACD Directorship;Apr99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the popularity of sports analogies among chief executive officers and board nominating committees in filling up vacancies in the board. Example of such analogy; What can go wrong with this approach; What the impulse to recruit experts to join the board may suggest.