Alcohol consumption and carotid artery structure in Korean adults aged 50 years and older
- PREGNANT WOMEN CAN DRINK? REALLY? // Redbook;Jan2011, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p65
The article provides an answer to a question of whether drinking alcoholic beverage is harmful for pregnant women.
- Come on, girls, give cask ale a chance. Wigham, Paul // Morning Advertiser;1/27/2011, Issue 525, p7
The article focuses on the argument on what would make women start to drink cask ale, which aims to get them to try it and market to product in proper glassware in Great Britain.
- Association between alcohol consumption and carotid intima-media thickness in a healthy population: data of the STRATEGY study (Stress, Atherosclerosis and ECG Study). Zyriax, B.-C.; Lau, K.; Klähn, T.; Boeing, H.; Völzke, H.; Windler, E. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Oct2010, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p1199
Background/Objectives:Epidemiological evidence suggests a protective effect of moderate alcohol consumption on cardiovascular events. However, studies assessing the association between alcohol intake and intima-media thickness (IMT) as a marker of subclinical atherosclerosis have provided...
- Alcohol Problems Among Older African-American Women. Hatchett, Bonnie F. // Journal of Religion & Health;Jun1999, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p149
Alcohol misuse is second only to prescription drug misuse among African-American older adults. Despite this reality, relatively few older African-American women are seen in centers for alcohol treatment. Increasing our knowledge of attitudes about alcohol held by older African-American women may...
- AUDIT, AUDIT-C, and AUDIT-3: Drinking Patterns and Screening for Harmful, Hazardous and Dependent Drinking in Katutura, Namibia. Seth, Puja; Glenshaw, Mary; Sabatier, Jennifer H. F.; Adams, René; Du Preez, Verona; DeLuca, Nickolas; Bock, Naomi // PLoS ONE;Mar2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p1
Objectives: To describe alcohol drinking patterns among participants in Katutura, Namibia, and to evaluate brief versions of the AUDIT against the full AUDIT to determine their effectiveness in detecting harmful drinking. Methods: A cross-sectional survey was conducted in four constituencies...
- FASD INQUIRY WIDE OF THE MARK. // National Liquor News;Dec2012, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p13
In this article, the author discusses the health concerning steps taken by the Australian Parliament towards the Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) in Australia.
- COMMENTARY ON THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE ROYAL COLLEGE OF OBSTETRICIANS AND GYNAECOLOGISTS CONCERNING ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION IN PREGNANCY. Guerri, Consuelo; Riley, Edward; Strömland, Kerstin // Alcohol & Alcoholism;Jul1999, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p497
In this article the author examines the RCOG Guideline published by the British Royal College of Obstetricians (RCOG) in Great Britain. The author states that the guideline provides recommendations on alcohol consumption during pregnancy. It suggests that alcohol consumption of less than 15...
- Watch for CAD signs, symptoms. Groves, Nancy; Lim, Barnie Y. // Optometry Times;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the prevalence of carotid artery disease (CAD) particularly in the elderly in the U.S. It states that CAD is one of the leading causes of ischemic stroke especially in the elderly with age and male sex as the two strongest predictors of CAD. It notes that CAD may be...
- Type of alcohol consumed, changes in intake over time and mortality: the Leisure World Cohort Study. Paganini-Hill, Annlia; Kawas, Claudia H.; Corrada, María M. // Age & Ageing;Mar2007, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p203
Background: modifiable behavioural risk factors including smoking and alcohol consumption are major contributing or actual causes of mortality. Objective: to examine the effect of alcohol intake on all-cause mortality in older adults. Design and Setting: prospective population-based cohort study...