Longevity and relationships with children: the importance of the parental role
- My son met a girl and married her two weeks later! // Tennessee Tribune;5/3/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p8A
The article provides an answer to a question related to parent-child relations.
- Your child 6 to 12. Pruett, Kyle // Good Housekeeping;Jun94, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p58
Presents answers to questions by parents concerning their children. Overweight ten-year-old daughter; Seven-year-old son's stealing; Dirty jokes by a ten-year-old son; Difference in styles between father and mother towards their children; Tough talk from second daughter; Flying with children.
- Parent-Child Relationship Disorders: What Do the Child Vulnerability Scale and the Parent Protection Scale Measure? Thomasgard, Michael; Metz, W. Peter // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1999, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p347
Presents a study which examined the ability of parent responses to questions regarding the child's health, behavior and development to predict scores on the Child Vulnerability Scale and the Parent Protection Scale. Methodology of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Answers From Dr. Sears. // Parenting;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p33
Answers some questions about children's health. Way to treat bumps on the head; Toddlers' walking styles; Ways to promote infant-parent bonding.
- Cultivating Little Green Thumbs. Geddes, Jennifer Kelly // Parenting;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p35
Offers tips for parents on protecting children during dirt-eating stage. Protection of kids from harmful pesticides or animal feces; Ways to protect skin from insect bites.
- 'Mom, Am I Fat?'. // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p14
Presents guidelines for mothers in engaging positive body talks with children. Need to compliment people on attitudes rather than physical features; Importance of instilling in the child the effects of restricted diet; Significance of reminding children the image of God in their person.
- Broadening Perspectives on Pediatric Oral Health Care Provision: Social Determinants of Health and Behavioral Management. Fisher-Owens, Susan // Pediatric Dentistry;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p115
Dental caries is not just the most common chronic childhood disease, with not insignificant burden of disease during childhood, but also lifelong impact. Traditional models that locus on the "mouth in the chair" have been helpful but insufficient to identify structural root causes for its high...
- ANNE. Camp, Heidi // Utah Law Review;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 2, p599
The article presents a monologue entitled "Anne" by Heidi Camp, delivered at the New Frontiers in Family Law symposium's "Telling Tales on Families," held in Salt Lake City, Utah in February 2008. The monologue focuses on the author's struggles in dealing with the traumatic mental health...
- Perception of Parental Acceptance and Rejection in Emotionally Empathic and Non-Empathic Adolescents. Arzeen, Saima; Hassan, Bushra; Riaz, Muhammad Naveed // Pakistan Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology;Jul2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p60
The present study explored the differences between emotionally empathic and non-empathic adolescent's perception of parental acceptance and rejection. A sample of 205 (100 girls and 105 boys) was taken from different schools. All participants were 13 to 17 years old (M = 15.0, SD = 1.59). All...