Risk factors for operated carpal tunnel syndrome: a multicenter population-based case-control study
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. Alper, Brian S.; Rotert, Eric M. // Cortlandt Forum;6/25/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p52
Provides information on carpal tunnel syndrome. Description; Incidence and prevalence; Risk factors; Physical examination.
- Risk Factors for Neck and Upper Extremity Disorders among Computers Users and the Effect of Interventions: An Overview of Systematic Reviews. Andersen, Johan H.; Fallentin, Nils; Thomsen, Jane F.; Mikkelsen, Sigurd // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
Background: To summarize systematic reviews that 1) assessed the evidence for causal relationships between computer work and the occurrence of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) or upper extremity musculoskeletal disorders (UEMSDs), or 2) reported on intervention studies among computer users/or office...
- Steroid injection equivalent to surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome. // Journal of Family Practice;May2005, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p401
The article presents information on steroid injection which is equivalent to surgery for carpal tunnel syndrome in patients. Patients with carpal tunnel syndrome do better with local steroid injections than with surgery in the short term, but at the end of 12 months, the outcomes appear...
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. // Journal of the American Chiropractic Association;Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p29
This article focuses on the Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). CTS typically occurs in adults, with women 3 times more likely to develop it than men.The dominant hand is usually affected first, and the pain is typically severe. CTS is especially common in assembly-line workers in manufacturing,...
- Untitled. Vongerichten, Anna; Powell, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;10/9/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7776, p786
The article describes the case of a 28-year-old man with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Easy carpal tunnel cure. S. N. H. // Prevention;Jun2005, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p56
Discusses how to treat carpal tunnel by wearing a wrist splint at night. How this treatment works.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Due to Fibrolipomatous Hamartoma of the Median Nerve in Klippel-TrÃ©naunay Syndrome: A Case Report. Matsubara, Mitsuhiro; Tanikawa, Hirotaka; Mogami, Yuuji; Shibata, Shunichi; Uchiyama, Shigeharu; Kato, Hiroyuki // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2009, Vol. 91-A Issue 5, p1223
The article presents a case study of a forty six year-old man with Klippel-TrÃ©naunay syndrome and bilateral macrodactyly who presented to physicians with pain and numbness in the thumb and the index and long fingers of his right hand. A discussion of diagnostic testing which was performed on...
- Validation of a Surveillance Case Definition of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Katz, Jeffrey N.; Larson, Martin G.; Fossel, Anne H.; Liang, Matthew H. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1991, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p189
The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) has proposed a surveillance case definition for work-related carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS). The case definition required the presence of median nerve symptoms; one or more occupational risk factors; and objective evidence of CTS...
- Tip 2 Diabetes Mellitus TanÄ±sÄ± AlmÄ±ÅŸ HastalarÄ±mÄ±zda GÃ¶rÃ¼len Kas Ä°skelet Sistemi HastalÄ±klarÄ±. Sayıner Çağlar, Nil; Tuğba Örnek, Gül; Akın, Türkan; Aytekin, Ebru; Tolga, Şeyma; Kavadar, Gülis; Tütün, Şule // Istanbul Medical Journal;2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p50
Objective: To research the musculoskeletal diseases in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Methods: Folders of 148 patients suffering from pain were retrospectively assessed. The first Group consisted of 74 patients with diabetes mellitus,and there were 74 patients with no diabetes in the...