Risk factors for suicide in Bali: a psychological autopsy study
- Screening for Suicide Risk in Adolescents, Adults, and Older Adults in Primary Care: Recommendation Statement. // American Family Physician;2/1/2015, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p190F
An excerpt from "Screening for Suicide Risk in Adolescents, Adults, and Older Adults in Primary Care: Recommendation Statement," published by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) is presented.
- Care managers reduce suicide risks in older people. // Nursing Standard;4/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p10
Reports that a primary care-based intervention can reduce the major risk factors for suicide in older people, according to researchers from the U.S. Suicide rates highest in later life; Observation that the majority of older adults who die by suicide have seen a primary care physician in...
- ACEP enumerates signs of suicidal behavior. // ED Management;May2008, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p58
The article lists risk factors for suicide, according to the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), which includes a prior suicide attempt, alcohol or drug problems and recent release from a psychiatric treatment facility.
- Death-defying Acts. Robbins, Joseph V. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jan2001, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p20
Identifies the risk factors of suicide cases among psychiatric patients in the United States. Information on several studies on the causes of suicide cases; Programs to prevent suicide.
- Demographic And Psychosocial Risk Factors Relevant In Completed Suicides In The Region Of Eskisehir, Turkey. Yenilmez, Cinar; Balci, Yasemin Gunay; Ayranci, Unal; Seber, Gülten; Kaptanoglu, Cem // Internet Journal of Forensic Science;2003, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p22
Aims: To identify the demographic and psychosocial characteristicsof people who committed suicide by sex and age factors. Methods: Thisstudy recruited 154 cases who had committed suicide between 1997 and2001. Our cases were scanned retrospectively from the files of theCentral Administration of...
- Factors associated with suicide after parasuicide in young people. Hawton, Keith; Fagg, Joan; Platt, Stephen; Hawkins, Michael // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/19/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6893, p1641
Determines the factors associated with complete suicide in young parasuicide patients in Great Britain. Predictors of complete suicide; Prevalence of suicide after parasuicide; Risk factors of suicide.
- Suicide among eminent artists. Preti, Antonio; Miotto, Paola // Psychological Reports;Feb99, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p291
Focuses on the risk of suicide among artists using data from Garzanti's Encyclopedia, a broad biographical repertory. Categories in visual and literary arts that were compared; Peculiar pattern of suicide among artists; Factors attributed to the specific risk of suicide; Other factors...
- Repetition of attempted suicide among teenagers in Europe: frequency, timing and risk factors. Hultén, A.; Jiang, G.-X.; Wasserman, D.; Hawton, K.; Hjelmeland, H.; De Leo, D.; Ostamo, A.; Salander-Renberg, E.; Schmidtke, A. // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;2001, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p161
Background. Adolescents in many countries show high rates of suicide attempts and repetitions of attempts as a common feature. Attempted suicide is the best predictor of future suicide. Repetition of attempts further increases the risk of suicide. The present study sought to identify patterns...
- Correlates of Suicide Among Veterans Treated in Primary Care: Case-Control Study of a Nationally Representative Sample. Dobscha, Steven; Denneson, Lauren; Kovas, Anne; Teo, Alan; Forsberg, Christopher; Kaplan, Mark; Bossarte, Robert; McFarland, Bentson // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Dec2014 Supplement, Vol. 29, p853
BACKGROUND: Veterans receiving Veterans Affairs (VA) healthcare have increased suicide risk compared to the general population. Many patients see primary care clinicians prior to suicide. Yet little is known about the correlates of suicide among patients who receive primary care treatment prior...