Should cities hosting mass gatherings invest in public health surveillance and planning? Reflections from a decade of mass gatherings in Sydney, Australia
- Structural Pest Control Code. // Illinois Register;11/30/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 48, p16791
The article offers information on a public hearing on proposed amendment on structural pest control code by the Department of Public Health, Illinois at Illinois on December 18, 2012 is presented.
- THE HOLYOKE COMMUNITY HEALTH PLANNING COMMISSION: A MODEL OF ACADEMIC-PRACTICE-COMMUNITY COLLABORATION IN MASSACHUSETTS. Buchanan, David; Mathieu, Ernie; Warner, Heather; Lebron, Gladys // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 116 Issue 5, p499
Reports on the public health planning in Holyoke, Massachusetts. Challenges to the delivery of public health services in Massachusetts; Creation of the Holyoke Community Health Planning Commission; Health indicators in Holyoke.
- Appendix. // American Journal of Public Health;Oct75 Supplement, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p36
A variety of health project descriptions and steps in health program planning that relate to articles that appeared in the October 2, 1975 issue of "American Journal of Public Health" is presented.
- What the government should do. Adam, Shieda; Hagard, Spencer // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/2/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6810, p1120
Comments on the planning and implementation of health strategy in England. Efficacy of the National Health Service (NHS) usage of resources for health services; Integration between the strategy and the NHS and multisectoral activities; Criticisms on The Health of the Nation.
- SMOKE & MIRRORS. Browning, Guy // Management Today;Oct2013, Issue 10, p66
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of fixing an issue faced by the National Health Service (NHS) regarding surplus bandages from the Burmese Army.
- Havana Revisited. Robbins, Anthony // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p183
Provides information on the public health development in Cuba. Impact of economic condition in Cuba's health system; Health problems addressed by the Ministry of Health in Cuba; Role of National Institute for Workers Health; Significance of the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology.
- Americans Happy with Health Plan, but Worried About Future Changes... // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p14
The article looks at the implementation of new healthcare reform law in the U.S., which is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that affects the cost of care, anticipating increases in taxes, health insurance costs, doctors' services, and medications.
- How to prepare an M&E framework. Keeble, Greg // PIN Pacific Islands NCDs;Oct2010, Issue 70, p22
The article offers steps on how to prepare and develop monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework in the public health sector.
- BRICS making steps towards universal healthcare. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;May2014, Vol. 702 Issue 1, p1
The article discuses an analysis published in the May 3, 2014 issue of the "Lancet" periodical on the progress of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) in their commitment towards establishing universal healthcare (UHC).