Make it Work
- A Token to Remember. // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p50
The article offers insights from Dean Wright, director of dining services at Brigham Young University, on the importance of developing a theme for his retreats. According to Wright, they conduct management retreats twice a year. He says the retreat theme is intended to give a gift that helps the...
- NACUFS Goes for the Gold. // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p14
Information about the 49th annual conference of the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) in Seatlle, Washington in July 2007 is presented. The event appointed new NACUFS officials, including David Annis as president, Mark Kraner as director for auxiliary...
- Labor: Costs up 7.5% as fsds strive to retain staff. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p62
Looks at the performance of self-operating foodservice in colleges in the United States as of 1999. Labor costs; How colleges address the problem of labor shortage; Student employees employed by the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Incentive programs; Wage.
- Rich Neumann. // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p18
An interview with Rich Neumann, director of residential dining at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio is presented about his desire to be taller, his fear of government bankruptcy and his love of filet mignon.
- IN COLLEGES: Campus execs. lead in tenure. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p52
Deals with the economic prospects of the college food service segment in the U.S.. Compensation bracket of the segment; Dropout rates of its employees; Challenges facing college food service directors; Customer enhancements in college food service.
- Rocking Out. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p32
The article profiles Richard Mancino, executive chef at Wagner College Staten Island, New York. As executive chef for Chartwells at Wagner College, he is currently working to develop a new four-week cycle menu for the upcoming school year. Mancino says he always liked to cook, and cooking is...
- Counting the Cost. // Food Management;Jun2011, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p26
The article offers information on the cost control strategies practiced by the Ohio University (OU) in its foodservice area in the U.S. It states that the OU has managed its fiscal issues by providing efficient labor allocation to investments, focusing on customer feedback, and using alternative...
- Scouts' Honor: Lifelong Pursuit. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
The article features David Annis, executive director of food service at the University of Oklahoma, and his passion for scouting. He became an assistant scoutmaster with a local troop and his son got into scouting when his family moved to Oklahoma. He states that it was a great experience to try...
- Comments Keep Food Service Operations Clean, Green. Ezarik, Melissa // University Business;Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p17
The article focuses on an electronic mail (e-mail) comments being solicited by David Annis, director of Food Services at the University of Oklahoma in Norman, to keep his food service operations clean and green. The director learned that sharing direct comments with campus chefs is more...