Variety in a Bowl
- LETTERS. // Cooking Light;May2012, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article presents several letters to the editor that include lists of comfort foods including french onion soup, shepherd's pie and pancakes.
- Desperately seeking... Taylor, Phil // Sports Illustrated;1/31/94, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p85
Reports that National Basketball Association (NBA) guard Kevin Johnson advertised for a bride in a `Jet' magazine article and has even hired an assistant to screen applicants.
- Deja vu in Alabama. Rosaforte, Tim // Golf World;10/27/2000, Vol. 54 Issue 19, p50
Discusses the career of golfer Kevin Johnson and the significance of Buy.com Tour Championship golf tournament to him.
- Prevailing by the Pacific. // Golf World;10/10/97, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p47
Features Kevin Johnson, winner of the 1997 Puget Sound Open held at Indian Summer Golf and Country club in Olympia, Washington. Prize he receive; His closest opponent in the game.
- Up to Scratch. // Indianapolis Monthly;Jul2013, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p120
The article offers information on the former salesman Matt Kornmeyer who operates a food truck named Scratch Truck which offers comfort food in New Jersey.
- Soup for the Soul. Mannie, Elizabeth // Prepared Foods;Jan2010, Vol. 179 Issue 1, p79
The article focuses on soups as health comfort food. It explores health trends in soup production in food companies which include soup products with high-fiber, low-fat, and gluten-free contents. It examines the popularity of soup products with vegetables that add flavor, fiber, and texture. It...
- low-fat soups. // Australian Table;Jul2008, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p112
Several recipes for low-fat soups are presented including Scotch broth, Pea soup with crisp prosciutto and Prawn laksa.
- UP FIRST. Karol, Lawrence // Gourmet;Dec2006, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p34
The article features the comfort food, French onion soup. This dish is often featured on restaurant menus during the Christmas holidays and is easy to prepare. The key ingredient is patience. The soup requires gradual cooking of the onions, slowly coaxing the sweetness out as they melt and turn...
- question OF THE MONTH: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COMFORT FOOD WHEN YOU'RE SICK? Carlin, Diane; Bartlett, Sharon; Blackburn, Kimberly; Collins, Sarah; Poling, Charlene; V., Samantha; S., Lorena; Hitson, Tamara; Mahoney, Karen A.; Grimm, Stacey; Roy, Sharon; Shepherd, Nick; Faber, Betsy; Ray, Elise; Ward, Shannon; Marquardt, Heidi; Scott-Sheldon, Lori; Schucard, Alice; Haas, Nicole; O'Connor, Margaret // Vegetarian Times;Jan2006, Issue 337, p10
This sections presents the favorite comfort food of various readers of Vegetable Times, including vegetable soup and ginger tea.