A Sea of Change at UCSF Medical Center
- Best of Show: University of California San Francisco Medical Center. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;8/25/2015, p1
The article presents the author's view on winning Food Management magazine's annual Best Concept Awards by University of California, San Francisco Medical Center (UCSFMC). Topics discussed include Dan Henroid, Nutrition and Food Services Director's and UCSFMC's winning innovator of the year by...
- Analysis underway: San Francisco medical center mulls outsourcing. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p10
Reports that the University of California-San Francisco Medical Center is planning to do a comparative analysis on the performance of its self-operated facility and Stanford's contract operating services following its merger with Stanford Medical Center. Comments from Leon King, director of...
- Calif. teaching hospitals exploring collaboration. Japsen, Bruce // Modern Healthcare;1/8/96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the possible consolidation of the hospital operations of University of California San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center and Stanford (Calif.) University Hospital. Aim of providing more cost-effective patient care; Combined assets; Financial information on the two academic medical centers.
- UCSF Stanford Health Care begins merged operations. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/10/97, Issue 322223, p15
Reports on the operation of UCSF Stanford Health Care, the organization created through the merger of University of California-San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center and Standford Health Services. Consolidated payroll; Series of special events aimed at introducing employees to the expanded...
- Gayle Tang, R.N. Robbins, Joseph V. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2001, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p20
Features Gayle Tang, director of multicultural services at Kaiser Permanente's San Francisco Medical Center. Responsibilities; Benefits of effective communication.
- Laboring against a merger. Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;10/27/97, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p24
Focuses on the controversy surrounding the merger between the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center and Stanford University Health services to close on November 1, 1997. Accusations made by the employees' unions against the health services; Scheduled date for the hearing to...
- UCSF nursing student. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1991, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p31
Profiles Chris Ortiz, an Hispanic American graduate student of the University of California at San Francisco School of Nursing. Participation at a health fair at the Mission Health Center in San Francisco; Career plans.
- California medical ctr. offers new fat-free plan. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Reports that the University of California at San Francisco Med Center offers a program for patients with heart disease. Menu offered by the Heart Disease Reversal Program; Heart disease reversal guidelines on which the program is based; Comments from Leon King, director of foodservice and...
- UCSF, Stanford merger moves closer. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;8/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 15, p48
Reports that the proposed merger of medical centers at the University of California-San Francisco and Stanford University cleared a crucial hurdle when it received the support of the state board of regents.