- A Positive Psychology Approach to Education for At-Risk High School Youth. Fanourgiakis, Sophia; Lumley, Margaret // Psynopsis: Canada's Psychology Newspaper;Fall2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p18
The article offers information on the alternative program for at-risk high school youth of the St. John Bosco secondary school in Guelph, Ontario which uses a strength-based approach such as the positive youth perspective (PYD).
- The Gift of Time. Tingley, Suzanne // Education Week;10/25/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p46
Focuses on the quality of students graduating from public high schools. Teachers complaints concerning public school students; Requirements for high school diplomas; Ways to improve high school students' competencies.
- BEYOND 'DOING SCHOOL': FROM 'STRESSED-OUT' TO 'ENGAGED IN LEARNING.'. POPE, DENISE // Education Canada;Winter2010, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p4
No abstract available.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS JOIN IN NATION'S 'LIGHT RAIL' BOOM. Daniels, Stephen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/21/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 23, p20
Reports the participation of high school students in the construction of campus light rail system in Portland, Oregon. Collaboration between the state's public school and business community; Insights on the collaborative effort; Importance of the program in introducing students to career...
- The Big Green Schoolhouse. Stetson, Emily // Educational Leadership;Dec90/Jan91, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p34
Describes the benefits of greenhouse for students at Public School 114 in Brooklyn, New York City. Learning of ways to conserve; Identification of plant diseases; Involvement in greenhouse activities; Teaching of different aspects of plant life.
- MPS settles lawsuit, establishes fund to compensate students. Hallman, Charles // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;9/19/2013, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses the compensatory fund which the Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) will establish for former Broadway High School students to settle a class-action suit filed against the district in 2012 regarding unlicensed teachers who taught certain subjects at the school in 2008-2011.
- Two programs get high school kids ready for the workforce. A. K. // Cincinnati Magazine;Sep2015, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p77
The article reports on the partnership between the Business-Education Connectivity Council and Cincinnati Public Schools of Ohio to prepare high school students to enter the workforce and also mentions similar efforts of the NaviGo Scholars program of the Northern Kentucky Education Council.
- Food drive goal exceeded. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/8/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p6
The article reports that contributions from local schools, businesses and organizations have exceeded the expectation and goal of the 2010 Food for Families drive in Whitney, Texas.
- Food for Families Food Drive. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/19/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p1
The article announces the Food for Families Food Drive to be held in the parking lot of the Whitney Church of Christ in Lake Whitney, Texas on November 21, 2008.