Chew on This
- Wildfires and other hot news items. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/ 7/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 22, p1C
The article offers information on several events and meeting in Texas in 2011, including a senior forum on medicare to be held at the Good Shepherd Ministries in Buda on September 15, the deadline for ordering a King Ranch Chicken Casserole from the Onion Creek Senior Citizens on September 12,...
- That's Italian? Speakers call U.S. versions of popular dishes 'fake.' Parseghian, Pamela // Nation's Restaurant News;02/05/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p4
Reports the forum on Italian cookery organized by the Federazione Italiana Pubblici Esercizi, a trade organization in the Caribbean Sea. Criticism on Italian restaurants in the United States; Proposal of sending master Italian chef to foreign countries; Response of several restaurateurs.
- Site seeing. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p32
The article informs that approximately 18 chefs representing several divisions of Buffalo, New York-based Delaware North Cos. gathered at The Culinary Institute of America's Greystone campus here for the fourth annual Chefs' Summit. Guest lecturers and professional instructors oversaw the...
- AND OTHER SERVICE INNOVATIONS: Sodexho spotlights dock3. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p2
Reports on an electronic workplace store dock3 created by Sodexho where employees can order items from their computer. Highlights of Sodexho's client business Forum that was held in New York in 2002; Information on a training offered for Sodexho's executive chefs.
- Kiosk What, Where & When. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2008, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p28
A calendar of events related to the restaurant industry is presented, including the 12th annual Heirloom Tomato Festival on September 6, 2008, the Women's Foodservice Forum on September 7-9, 2008, and the 3rd annual StarChefs.com International Chefs Congress on September 14-16, 2008.
- Attendees address variety of issues at roundtable discussions. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;10/17/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p62
Reports on the variety of issues tackled by attendees at the round table discussion during the fourth annual Culinary R&D Conference in Kissimmee, Florida. List of topics discussed; Panel discussion of issues affecting the menus and operation, as well as research and development; Roundtable leaders.
- Expert Election Analyst Charlie Cook, Tax Policy Maven Andy Friedman to Keynote Washington Forum. // Products Finishing;Feb2014, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p11
The article focuses on two experts from the U.S. finishing industry including Charlie Cook and Andy Friedman who will address the Washington Forum sponsored by the U.S. National Association for Surface Finishing to be held from April 8 to 10, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
- 'ABCs' panel discusses role of science in menu R&D. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;11/6/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p66
The article reports on the discussion about how the role of science is evolving in professional kitchens by a panel of experts led by "Nation's Restaurant News" executive food editor Pamela Parseghian in the annual "ABCs of R&D" portion of the Culinary R&D conference in Dallas, Texas. An...
- confessions. Laychur, Bill // FoodService Director;2/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p32
The article presents an interview with corporate executive chef at the Pennsylvania State University Bill Laychur who discusses his love for cheesecake, meat being the food that he loves to prepare, and Russian/Polish cuisine being his favorite as it was the first that he learnt.