SNA: Schools Still Hurting Financially
- Carrots & Cupcakes? King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
This article comments on a survey that was released by the School Nutrition Association, which asked members to indicate how successful are their districts at implementing nutrition standards for cafeteria and other meals, installing nutrition education programs and improving the amount of...
- 'From Cupcakes To Carrots.'. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p82
This article discusses findings of a survey conducted by the School Nutrition Association (SNA) to determine the status of the wellness policies of several schools in the U.S. The survey asked districts to assess their progress in implementing nutrition standards, nutrition education programs...
- Elaine Hunt. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Profiles Elaine Hunt, senior director of Child Nutrition at Wake Country School District in Raleigh, North Carolina. Strategy for meeting the challenge of managing major growth while maintaining financial stability; Competent staff; Tight labor market; Proper training; Refine of customer input.
- Colelges use online-survey method to tap into students' opinions. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the use of online-survey method by college foodservice operators in providing information to student customers in the U.S. Accessibility of the online survey; Updates for the latest menu item; Effectiveness of the survey.
- Survey: Schools Focus on Meeting New Meal Regs. // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
The article highlights the Back to School Trends Report of the School Nutrition Association which shows that school foodservice departments are adjusting to the new meal regulations.
- Coming to Cafeterias (Maybe): Visiting Members of Congress. BLAD, BVIE // Education Week;8/27/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p19
The article discusses an initiative supported in part by the U.S. School Nutrition Association (SNA) which encourages public school administrators to invite members of Congress to their schools to experience school food offered to students.
- Nominate Someone for a FAME Award. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p18
The article calls for nominations to the 2007 Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence Awards. Nominees must be school food service professionals or avid supporters of child nutrition who are members of the School Nutrition Association. The deadline for nominations will be on September 8, 2006.
- Beverly Girard MBA, MS, RD, SFHS. Lefebvre, Joanne // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p42
The article profiles Beverly Girard, director of Food and Nutrition Services of Sarasota County Public Schools in Florida. Girard is a recipient of International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's 2006 Silver Plate Award for her commitment to training, as well as the future of child...
- Going "Old School.". // FoodService Director;6/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p6
The article profiles Peter Esposito, school nutrition director of Cape Elizabeth School District in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. According to the author, Esposito started the process of rebuilding the school's food service program as soon as he took over the position in 2009. Esposito says that he was...