A Hybrid Approach
- PEOPLE. // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p82
An interview with Neal Lavender, director of food and nutrition services at Florida Hospital in Orlando, Florida is presented in which he discussed working with foodservice team as the best part of his job, too much paperwork as the worst, and being a father and husband as his greatest achievement.
- AT ST. VINCENT HOSPITAL: Temporary f/s fix proves to be
full-time sales booster. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p24
Reports on the positive impact of an approach used by foodservice officials in a cafeteria at St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center during the remodeling of the main kitchen on its financial performance in the U.S. Dishes served by the officials; Prices of the dishes; Approximate number of...
- Hospital's food service expansion adds value to patient care. // PM Engineer;Aug2014, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p58
The article reports on the installation of a UL-1978 listed grease-duct system in the kitchen of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Topics covered include the impact of the system on patient conditions as well as implications for the workload of the hospital's kitchen staff. Also mentioned is...
- AT NANTICOKE MEMORIAL HOSP.: Working conditions improve. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p8
Reports the replacement of the kitchen at Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford, Delaware. What prompted the increased emphasis on foodservice facilities at Nanticoke; Number of its foodservice management staff; Features of the kitchen; Advantages of the enhanced layout of the kitchen.
- Successful Transplant. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p28
The article features Neal Lavender, director of food, nutrition and conference services at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, Texas. Lavender manages oversees 133 employees, including two chef managers, two dietitian managers, eight supervisors and a clinical team. Under his direction, 1.3 million...
- Florida hospital sets new delivery program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p26
Reports that Mt. Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, Florida has been developing a delivery program at its branded food-court. Plan to offer a limited menu of selection from branded stations; Highlights of the program.
- Making anything portable. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p102
Offers a look at the breakfast service of three hospital cafeterias in the United States. Palmetto General Hospital in Hialeah, Florida; Jackson Hospital and Clinic in Montgomery, Alabama; North Shore University Hospital in Plainview, New York.
- 3-D PICTURE MENU AIDS PEDIATRIC MEAL SERVICE. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the use of the Fisher-Price 'View Master,' a three-dimensional picture menu, by patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center as of April 2003. Features and mechanism; Benefits for children.
- HOSPITAL SERVES UP ETHNIC SMORGASBORD. // Health Facilities Management;Jul2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the traditional food offerings at Weiss Memorial Hospital in Chicago, Illinois as of July 1, 2003. Purpose of its expanded offerings of traditional food; Result of a tasting session conducted by the hospital for staff, interpreters and the press.