District Receives Distinction for Sourcing Locally
- Chartwells buying local in RI. // FoodService Director;4/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that Chartwells School Dining has returned $9,000 to the local economy, as six of the contractor's 12 school district accounts in the state have embraced a program that focuses on buying local. The other six have decided to join the program in spring 2007, according to Eric...
- Program Features Local Products at School Districts. // FoodService Director;10/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the local food products featured at 16 school districts in New England as part of Sodexo's All Local Day, which include hot dogs, tortellini with marinara sauce and deli sandwiches.
- Sodexo Local Produce Spend Hailed at 'Taste of Ireland' Event. // Hospitality Ireland;Apr2008, Issue 46, p87
The article highlights the use of Irish-sourced local produce products by Sodexo which was emphasized at its "Taste of Ireland held in Dublin, Ireland in April 2008. According to the figures released by the company, Sodexo has spent a total of â‚¬15.5 million on local produce in the previous...
- Elevating the College Dining Experience Using Half the Space. // Food Management;Aug2012, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p32
The article announces that the foodservice program, Food on Demand, of Sodexo Inc. has received the Best Concept Award from the journal for management.
- Beaufort County schools raise participation 10-12%. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p12
States that the Beaufort County School District in Beaufort, South Carolina have increased its participation at secondary level since the introduction of a corporate iamage as `Sea Island Foods,' program. Information on the program; Expectations of the company; Increase in the number of...
- How school f/s is performing. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p90
Comments on the performance of foodservice operations in the United States, focusing on the increase in the total food service expenditures for 100 top school districts in 1996, while highlighting the Foodservice Director's 1996 Performance Report. Comparison of figures attained in 1996 to that...
- Summer Food Program. // Malakoff News (TX);5/ 4/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p14A
The article reports on the participation of Malakoff Independent School District (ISD) in Malakoff, Texas in the Summer Food Service Program, in which all children 18 years old and under will given meals for free.
- FOR PURCHASING ADVANTAGE: Cal. schools broaden scope. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the food service at the Torrance Unified School District in Torrance, California. Changes in the management of the food service; Benefits of the use of government commodities; Terms on the government cooperation.
- PUTTING IMAGINATION TO WORK: Utah schools raise participation with taste-tests, remodels, games. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the food service at Nebo School District in Spanish Fork, Utah. Strategies used by the cafes to improve participation; Goals of food service supervisor Bill Vest; Quality services offered by the cafes.