'LaÃ¯que, dÃ©mocratique et sociale'? Socialism and the Freethinkers' International
- The Social and Cultural Impacts of Transnational Enterprises (Book). Braungart, Richard G. // Journal of Political & Military Sociology;Spring80, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p147
Reviews the book "The Social and Cultural Impacts of Transnational Enterprises," by Krishna Kumar.
- PLAYING CHURCH. // U.S. Catholic;Feb2002, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p5
Presents information on the Irving, Texas-based North Texas Church of Freethought. Web site of the church congregation; Reason unbelieving parents will find the church congregation an attractive option.
- Why the 'Foreign' Matters in Foreign Affairs. Lebaron, Michelle; Crocker, Jarle // Harvard International Review;Fall2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p54
Discusses the importance of cultural understanding in policy processes among states. Two major schools of thought among foreign-policy specialists; Stance of rationalist philosophers on the significance of the subject of culture; Conceptions of culture; Role of culture in shaping foreign policy...
- Introduction. Tarling, Nicholas; Chen, Xin // East Asia: An International Quarterly;Jun2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p109
The aim of this collection is to analyse the nature of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and to consider its future. Given that regional integration is not simply an outcome but a complex and multidimensional process, the prognostic assessments of ASEAN made in this volume are...
- DvÄ• dekÃ¡dy ÄeskÃ© zahraniÄ‡nÃ politiky a bezvÃ½chodnost internacionalistickÃ© hegemonie. KOŘAN, MICHAL // Politologicky Casopis;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p195
The aim of the article is to offer a theoretically grounded explanation of the long-term continuity of Czech foreign policy. Czech foreign policy displays long-term continuity and consensus at the level of policy, but, at the same time, exhibits deep ideological differences among political and...
- Untitled. // America;12/17/1910, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p236
The author reflects on an article published by critic Mr. Archer in the December 1910 issue of "McClure's" about the trial of Spanish anarchist Francisco Ferrer. According to the author, the magazine's policy remained unchanged and proceeded with devoting many pages to the Ferrer trial even...
- QUESTIONS OF THE DAY. D. P. S.; H. W.; BERGIN, EDWARD S.; M. K.; PROUT, ANDREW // America;10/30/1909, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p57
The article discusses several items of interest as of October 30, 1909. At nine o'clock in the morning of October 13, 1909, Francisco Ferrer y Guardia was executed by firing squad in the fortress of Monjuich in Barcelona, Spain for the crime of murder, arson and pillage. The work and scientific...
- ABOVE AND BEYOND. // New Yorker;11/15/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 36, p28
A calendar of events for the New York City area in November 2010 is presented which includes a conference on free thinking in Brooklyn sponsored by the nonprofit group TED, an evening sale of modern art by the auction house Sotheby's, and an auction of European art at the Doyle auction market.
- The John W. Holmes Lecture: Growing the "Third UN" for People-centered Development--The United Nations, Civil Society, and Beyond. Coate, Roger A. // Global Governance;Apr-Jun2009, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p153
The article discusses the United Nations (UN) and its interactions with civil society in the process of international cooperation. The history of the UN is said to reflect that its founders, especially the U.S. and its President Franklin Roosevelt, were concerned that the organization function...