A nuclear and sustainable energy reading list
Tags: BOOKS & reading; NUCLEAR energy -- Environmental aspects; RENEWABLE energy sources -- Research; SUSTAINABILITY; NUCLEAR power plants -- Risk assessment; NUCLEAR facilities -- Environmental aspects; NUCLEAR reactors -- Economic aspects; NUCLEAR industry -- Economic aspects
- ON PREPARING FOR THE ADVENT OF NUCLEAR POWER. Seliger, Howard H. // BioScience;8/1/1970, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p847
The author reflects on topics related to developments of nuclear power plants in the State of Maryland. The environmental authorities in Maryland have succeeded in establishing an environmental friendly image for the proposed Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant. In addition, the Maryland Task...
- Biofuel caution is 'deeply disappointing'. // Farmers Weekly;5/20/2011, Vol. 155 Issue 21, p33
The article reports on the disappointment of the British Country Land and Business Association regarding the Renewable Energy Review conducted by the Committee on Climate Change in May 2011. It mentions that the organization called for farmers to practice cautious approach to the use of biofuels...
- � of U.S. nuclear plants leak radiation. Etnier, Carl // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/26/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 73, p4
In this article the author comments on the impact of the nuclear plants leak radiation in the U.S.
- Radiation risks. Darby, Sarah // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/16/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7216, p1019
Discusses radiation risks from nuclear power plants. Public mistrust on nuclear power; Epidemiology of nuclear radiation exposures; Advantages and disadvantages of nuclear radiation.
- New work on the benefits of environmental regulation: Discussion. Opaluch, James J. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec93, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p1283
Discusses the value of using comparison approach on the issue of environmental regulations on nuclear power. Basis of thought process on the benefits of two alternatives; Untenability of public perceptions to expert assessments.
- Interagency radiation emergency plan. // Disasters: Preparedness & Mitigation in the Americas;Oct2010, Issue 114, p10
The article offers information on the third edition of the "Joint Radiation Emergency Management Plan of the International Organization."
- Nuclear Power Plants--Double-Edged Swords. // Defense Monitor;2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Analyzes the vulnerability of nuclear reactors to an enemy attack in nations with Nuclear Power Plants. Implications of nuclear energy on the environment and national security; Statistics on the worldwide reactor status and electrical nuclear share of countries; Role of preventive diplomacy in...
- ALTERNATE ENERGY ISSUES FOR BERMUDA'S GOVERNMENT. Lister, Terry Eugene // Parliamentarian;2009 Bermuda Supplement, p17
The article urges that an economically sound and sustainable energy source needs to be developed within Bermuda. The colony relies almost entirely on fossil fuels for electric production, with a very small remaining percentage being harnessed through waste to energy methodologies. The author...
- New businesses for small and medium entrepreneurs (SMEs) in the Renewable Energy Sources (RES). HAVL�CEK, JAROSLAV; PELIK�N, MARTIN; �UBRT, TOM�� // Agricultural Economics / Zemedelska Ekonomika;2012, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p425
The development of renewable energy producers in rural areas creates new job opportunities for the countryside population. The decentralized manner of renewable energy in small cities is one of the ways how to meet the rural and small scale energy needs in a reliable, affordable and...