Clinical trial showing superiority of a coconut and anise spray over permethrin 0.43% lotion for head louse infestation, ISRCTN96469780
- Lice and Fukushima Updates. Williams, Rose Marie // Townsend Letter;Oct2015, Issue 387, p33
The article focuses on different treatments for killing head lice. Coconut-oil-based or olive-oil-based shampoos and soaps are considered useful methods for killing adult lice. For lice treatment, physician Andrew Weil suggests an herbal treatment consisting of vegetable oil, tea tree oil, and...
- Corner. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/16/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p14
Presents an update on the prices of essential oils as of July 16, 2001, including coconut oil.
- Oil of Tamanu. Kilham, Chris // Total Health;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p36
Reports that the oil of tamanu offers significant health benefits for topical use. Background on the oil of tamanu; Description on the feeling after the application of the oil on skin; Information on tamanu tree.
- The 4 Beauty Tricks Every Woman Needs. Mpinja, Baze // Glamour;Aug2010, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p58
This section outlines several beauty tips, including applying pink lip gloss, spritzing face with water, and adding essential oil and liquid luminizer to any bottle of unscented body lotion. INSET: The Stuff She Can't Live Without.
- Chemical composition and insecticidal activity of plant essential oils from Benin against Anopheles gambiae (Giles). Bossou, Annick D.; Mangelinckx, Sven; Yedomonhan, Hounnankpon; Boko, Pelagie M.; Akogbeto, Martin C.; Kimpe, Norbert De; Avlessi, Félicien; Sohounhloue, Dominique C. // Parasites & Vectors;2013, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Background Insecticide resistance in sub-Saharan Africa and especially in Benin is a major public health issue hindering the control of the malaria vectors. Each Anopheles species has developed a resistance to one or several classes of the insecticides currently in use in the field. Therefore,...
- EVERYDAY INDULGENCE. Guglielmetti, Petra // Real Simple;May2011, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p56
The article mentions fragrance-filled products including a bracelet, a pint-size pagoda and an old subway token.
- Divine for Valentine's. // Spa Australasia;2010, Vol. 44, p42
The article features the Divine Passion Gift Set from Subtle Energies, containing the mineral-rich Himalayan crystal salts bath soak, ashwagandha essential and strengthening base oil, and double cream.
- Antibacterial Activity Of Some Plant Essential Oils. Robertshawe, Penny // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Sep2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p165
The article discusses a study which assessed the antibacterial activity of some plant essential oils. Essential oils include aniseed, calamus, camphor and cinnamon. Results showed that 19 of the 21 oils exhibited antibacterial activity of varying degrees. Cinnamon was the most effective against...
- Essential Oils and Their Properties. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p116
The article presents a list of essential oils and their properties. These include anise, cinnamon, jasmine, peppermint, rosemary and honeysuckle.