Clinical trial showing superiority of a coconut and anise spray over permethrin 0.43% lotion for head louse infestation, ISRCTN96469780
- Corner. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/16/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p14
Presents an update on the prices of essential oils as of July 16, 2001, including coconut oil.
- Oil of Tamanu. Kilham, Chris // Total Health;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p36
Reports that the oil of tamanu offers significant health benefits for topical use. Background on the oil of tamanu; Description on the feeling after the application of the oil on skin; Information on tamanu tree.
- The 4 Beauty Tricks Every Woman Needs. Mpinja, Baze // Glamour;Aug2010, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p58
This section outlines several beauty tips, including applying pink lip gloss, spritzing face with water, and adding essential oil and liquid luminizer to any bottle of unscented body lotion. INSET: The Stuff She Can't Live Without.
- Divine for Valentine's. // Spa Australasia;2010, Vol. 44, p42
The article features the Divine Passion Gift Set from Subtle Energies, containing the mineral-rich Himalayan crystal salts bath soak, ashwagandha essential and strengthening base oil, and double cream.
- EVERYDAY INDULGENCE. Guglielmetti, Petra // Real Simple;May2011, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p56
The article mentions fragrance-filled products including a bracelet, a pint-size pagoda and an old subway token.
- Antibacterial Activity Of Some Plant Essential Oils. Robertshawe, Penny // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Sep2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p165
The article discusses a study which assessed the antibacterial activity of some plant essential oils. Essential oils include aniseed, calamus, camphor and cinnamon. Results showed that 19 of the 21 oils exhibited antibacterial activity of varying degrees. Cinnamon was the most effective against...
- Essential Oils and Their Properties. // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Aug/Sep2006, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p116
The article presents a list of essential oils and their properties. These include anise, cinnamon, jasmine, peppermint, rosemary and honeysuckle.
- Enhancement of Essential Oil Yield of Egyptian Anise, Pimpinella anisum, L. by Individual Plant Selection. Abou El. Nasr, T.H.S.; Ottai, M.E.S. // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p510
Anise, Pimpinella anisum L. is an important medicinal plant in Egypt. It's essential oil has been used for the purposes of pharmaceuticals, food industry as well as its biological activity. The major aim of this study is to obtain new anise genotypes characterized with enhanced essential oil...
- Monoterpenoids and Tetralin as Pediculocides. Downs, A. M. R.; Stafford, K. A.; Coles, G. C. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;Jan2000, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p69
Examines the pediculicidal activity of monoterpenoids and tetralin derivates. Neurotoxic effects of monoterpenoids and tetralin; Improvement of insecticidal activity by increasing concentration of monoterpenoids in existing pediculocides; Avoidance of using commercially essential oils as...