When the heat's on-dress properly
- Employers say casual is cool--if it complies with codes. McLellan III, Edward A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/09/96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the business-casual dress code adopted by many locals employers in Louisiana. Supporters of the dress code; Recognition of company's culture as guide for dressing; Impressions about people's dress habits; Comments from critics.
- Dress code backlash. Allerton, Haidee E. // Training & Development;Aug97, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p8
Reports that many companies in the United States are hiring image consultants because of concerns that the trend toward casual business attire is undermining their professional images. Hiring of Total Image Management by Wells Fargo Bank; Goal to create a professional look that would define the...
- Dressing down. // Management Today;Nov96, p13
Reports on the need for dress codes in British industries. Use of uniforms as a marketing tool and for identification purposes; Positive, brand image projected by the use of uniforms; Implications of wearing uniforms; Financial considerations in requiring a uniform.
- Outlaw Outfits. // Scholastic Action;2/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the debate surrounding the plan of several U.S. states to implement dress codes on public streets.
- Lifestyle monitor. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/17/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 72, p2
Discusses the confusion that working American women feel towards changes in corporate dress codes that allow women to wear casual clothes to work during certain days of the week. Lack of definite corporate casual dress guideline; Availability of appropriate clothes in stores; Opinions and...
- Two cheers for plaid skirts and ties. // U.S. News & World Report;12/18/95, Vol. 119 Issue 24, p18
Discusses how elementary and middle schools in Long Beach, California, adopted a dress code. School crime which has fallen by 36 percent; How schools are embracing dress codes to protect students from clothing-conscious gangs; Support which is far from total.
- Dress for success and comfort. Walter, Kate // HR Magazine;Jun96, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p55
Discusses the advantages of corporate casual dress policies in the United States. Increase in the incidences of corporate casual dressing; Business casual as an effective management tool; Casual dress codes within Levi Strauss & Co.; Example of a casual dress policy survey form; Necessary...
- Male dress codes are diverging sharply. There's a message somewhere between Prince Charles's... Riddell, Mary // New Statesman;05/16/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4334, p9
Focuses on the divergence of male dress codes in Great Britain. Gordon Brown's disapproval of a convention decreeing that men should squander dignity; Statement about the uniforms of predominantly male power.
- Apparel. Ebenkamp, Becky // Brandweek;07/14/97, Vol. 38 Issue 28, p32
States that Levi's Dockers is the brand which helped in the creation of dress done day and that companies are relaxing dress requirements and adopting a casual everyday code. Comments from Robert Hanson, vice president of marketing for Levi's Dockers; Some other sportswear brands.