Cashflow crisis forces Duckers' liquidation
- Hooker lays off 100, resumes 40-hour week. // Furniture/Today;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p2
Reports the dismissal of employees of case goods and occasional manufacturing and importer Hooker Furniture in Martinsville, Virginia. Effects of the dismissal on the working schedule; Percentage of dismissed workers from the total workforce; Benefits of dismissed employees.
- Palliser conducts first layoff. // Furniture/Today;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p70
Reports that Palliser Furniture has laid of employees in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Number of workers laid off; International environment.
- Drexel plant shuts down. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;1/14/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p50
Reports the shutdown of case goods plant of Drexel Heritage in North Carolina. Number of workers expected to be laid off; Remarks of chief executive officer Dan Grow about the situation; Continuance of the lumber cutting operations of the company.
- Egypt--The New Frontier? Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2000, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p23
Part I. Looks at the history and the state of the furniture industry in Egypt. Development of the industry over the centuries; Problems about the attitude of young people towards the industry in the 21st century; Quality of artisan skills: Manufacturing capabilities.
- people on the move. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p44
Reports developments on furniture industry and trade in the United States. Appointment of Robert Crewer as chairman of the board of the North American Retail Dealers; Awards given to Executive Officer Wayne Wickstrom; Company operation of Carolina Mirror.
- CEO's put your CIOs in the executive suite. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;9/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p66
Comments on the factors needed for the survival and growth of the furniture industry in the U.S. Competitiveness; Quality of product; Role of the chief information officer.
- Stag to make 68 redundant. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p6
Reports that the Stag Furniture company will shed 15 percent of its workforce in an effort to reduce costs.
- Gabberts lays off employees in Dallas, Minneapolis. // Furniture/Today;9/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p68
Reports on the retrenchment of employees by Gabbert in the U.S. Centralization of the customer care functions; Result of the pending outsourcing of in-house credit programs; Improvement of productivity.
- Steelcase laysoff some 311 workers. // Wood & Wood Products;Jan99, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the dismissal of employees at furniture firm, Steelcase Inc. Decrease of sales recorded by the company.