Designing Web Sites That Work
- Web Site ReDesign Knowing when it's time. Elges, Mary // Secured Lender;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p74
Presents information on redesigning a company's Web site. Keys to meeting Web standards; Importance of knowing the target audience of your Web site, in changing the way your site looks and the technologies you use to develop the site; Significance of balancing complexity with maintenance in...
- ADD WEB VALUE AT LESS COST. // Credit Union Management;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p61
Provides tips on adding value to an official Web site. Benefits of 'how-to' guides; Purpose of free templates; Importance of free directories and archives.
- How To Avoid Common Web Mistakes. Long, Barbara S. // Public Relations Tactics;Nov2002, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p23
Gives advice on avoiding common company Web site development mistakes. Importance of hiring a professional in developing a Web site; Information about the company that should be included in the site.
- Clarifying Web Costs. Hignite, Karla B. // Association Management;Oct99, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p60
Discusses what associations are spending for their online presence. Comments from Don Dea of Fusion Productions, a meeting and Internet design and technology company; Brief scenarios describing association strategies; Typical range of cost of Web hosting. INSET: Beyond Web Technology.
- Your School Wants a Web Page--Plan Carefully...! Reilly, Rob // Multimedia Schools;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p60
Presents several guidelines for creating a Web page. Factors which made it easy for corporations and other organizations to create a Web page; List of Web sites which contain already-made Web template; Considerations in making a Web site.
- Finishing Touches. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Jul2001, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p110
Discusses how to build a business Web site. Importance of understanding how search engines work; Search engines that make use of human-powered information; Software applications designed to remove unwanted clutter from the Web site; Main way to ensure that the Web site is usable for the...
- WEB DESIGN TOOLS. // Media & Methods;Jan2003, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p41
Presents a tabular representation of Web design tools from several companies. Product offered by Sunburst Technologies; Description of XMetal 3 from Corel Corporation.
- Designing your Website. Donaldson, Sonya A. // Black Enterprise;Jan2001, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p47
Answers a question on creating and designing a Web site. Books that offer information about the creation of an online site; Online sites that provide information about a subject.
- Agencies welcome move on accessability standard. Davies, Sara // New Media Age;11/27/2003, p1
Reports on an accessibility accreditation scheme for Web design agencies in Great Britain; Reaction of the media industry; Supporters of the scheme.