- Find It! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/5/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p2
A quiz about finding and underlining sentences from a cited article about Henry Hudson's voyage is presented.
- Big Apple Voyage. Walters, Jennifer Marino // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;9/7/2009, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p6
This article features the 400th anniversary of the voyage of explorer Henry Hudson to New York.
- Accidental Explorer. Miller, Jerry // Cobblestone;Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p4
The article provides information on the 1609 voyage of English explorer Henry Hudson that led to the discovery of the Hudson River and the Dutch settlement of New Netherland in the New World.
- Hudson's Quest. Miller, Jerry // Cobblestone;Sep2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p28
The article discusses the expeditions of English seafarer Henry Hudson, including a four-year search for a shorter and more northern trade route to Asia, his discovery of New York Harbor, and his death.
- Hudson's Fall. Butts, Ed // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Details the last voyage of the ship Discovery under Captain Henry Hudson. Expertise of Hudson; Description of the ship's crew; Inconsistency of the management style of Hudson.
- River Day brings heritage ships to Kingston docks. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/8/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p11
The article provides information on River Day in Kingston, New York on June 10, 2009. It notes that a number of heritage ships are expected to arrive at the city during the day, including a 17th-century Dutch schooner called the Onrust, Clearwater and the John J. Harvey Fireboat, to celebrate...
- Lost at Sea. Barnes, Michael // Ontario;1995, p24
In 1610 Henry Hudson, a British captain, set out in search of a northern water route from Europe to Asia. After a few months, he guided his ship into a foggy, salt-water sea. The crew was unaware that they were charting the shorelines of what is now northern Ontario. The men were so angry with...
- Charting His Own Course. LaManna, Bernadette // New York State Conservationist;Aug2009, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p2
The article relates the four exploratory voyages of Henry Hudson in trying to find a new route to the Orient but found the New World which is now New York where the Hudson Bay was later named after him. The voyages of Hudson to North America includes the one on the boat Hopewell in 1608 then on...
- Voyage of Discovery. Sayres, Brianna Caplan // Cobblestone;Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p36
The article provides information on a trip taken by a group of middle school students and their teachers to experience Henry Hudson's 1609 voyage aboard a full-scale replica of Hudson's 17th-century ship called Half Moon.