Doctors in detention and the Hippocratic Oath
- Employers to be given guidance on support for overworked staff. Snow, Tamsin // Nursing Standard;11/12/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p5
The article reports that the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) will release a professional guidance for ward sisters in England. Accordingly, the guidance will provide insights on the condition of neglected and overworked ward sisters which will be distributed to all human resources departments,...
- Doctors and managers: never the twain shall meet? Scrivens, Ellie // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/25/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6639, p1754
Evaluates the conflict between health managers and doctors in Great Britain. Reference to the report on management difficulties of the National Health Service by Roy Griffiths; Identification problems in the distribution of resources; Implications of the invocation of clinical freedom by...
- What physicians want. LeTourneau, Barbara; Fleischauer, Ann // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun1999, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
Discusses how physicians can improve their relations with healthcare executives. Evolution of the healthcare field; Commitment to providing high-quality care; Tension between the heart of medicine and the enterprise of medicine. INSET: Communication breakdown..
- Moving into management. Neuwirth, Harry // Healthcare Executive;May/Jun1999, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p61
Discusses how healthcare executives can help ease the clinical-to-managerial transition for physicians. Awareness of unique issues physicians face; Formal and informal training programs; Need for physicians to learn a more tolerant attitude toward risk and failure.
- Physicians seek first aid for eroding salaries. // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/14/97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p37
Describes the services offered by physician-practice management companies. Representation in contract negotiations; Gaining access with other physicians; Expansion in the physician-practice management business.
- Doctors and management- why bother? Simpson, Jenny // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/3/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6967, p1505
Focuses on the management of health care organization. Association between chief executive and clinical professionals; Function of manager on the decentralization of management responsibility; Factors affecting the decision making on health care organization. INSETS: Case study;Drucker's five...
- Physician practice-management companies. Wood, Bruce E. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;5/13/96, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p7B
Focuses on physician practice-management companies (PPMCs) and their business in the United States. Nature of business; Services offered to physicians; Merging with other medical groups; Target market.
- Community physician's tasks. Rhodes, Philip // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/22/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6361, p293
Focuses on the role of physicians in the administration of the health services in Great Britain. Role of medical officers in supervising domiciliary midwifery and child health clinics; Importance of information services in clinical procedure effectiveness.
- Doctors becoming managers. Smith, Richard; Grabham, Anthony; Chantler, Cyril // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/4/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6669, p311
Focuses on the participation of physicians in the management of health service. Principles of management according to physicians; Conflicts between management and professional responsibilities; Amount of information needed for good management.