British nurse warned over confirmation cross
- An analysis of time and money spent on investigating painful Total Knee Replacements. Kassam, A. M.; Dieppe, P.; Toms, A. D. // British Journal of Medical Practitioners;Sep2012, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p36
Painful Total Knee Replacements (TKR) occur in 10-20% of patients according to current literature. Considerable expense is incurred investigating and managing patients presenting with a painful TKR. We studied 41 patients with painful TKRs' who were referred to one of the authors, a knee surgeon...
- Infection video. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p9
The article discusses an online video which shows the experience of a hospital patient contracting Clostridium difficile. The video, which also examines how the Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust controlled the infection's outbreak, comes from Great Britain's Department of Health. The Department...
- Charity opposes move as Exeter nurses face transfer threat. // Cancer Nursing Practice;Nov2007, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p5
The article reports that upper gastrointestinal cancer nurses working at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital (RD&E) are facing the possibility that their specialised unit may be moved 30 miles to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth, England. It states that Devon Primary Care Trust wants to transfer...
- PREDICTION MARKETS AS A MEDICAL FORECASTING TOOL: DEMAND FOR HOSPITAL SERVICES. Rajakovich, David; Vladimirov, Vladimir // Journal of Prediction Markets;Aug2009, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p78
Background This paper presents the outcome of a study conducted at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital in which a prediction market was established in order to forecast demand for services. To the researcher's knowledge, it does not appear that prediction markets have been previously utilized in...
- The Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital 1741-2006. Dale, Pamela // Medical History;Apr2010, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p287
The article reviews the book "The Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital 1741-2006," by Andrew Knox and Christopher Gardner-Thorpe.
- Summary of Investigation Committee Decisions. // Manitoba RN Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p32
The article presents the case of a registered nurse member violated the professional responsibility by posting information on Facebook about a patient under her care which lead the investigation committee read the censure to member to pay 1000 dollars as fine.
- Reviews. Caring and Killing -- Nursing and Psychiatric Practice in Germany, 1931-1943. Brykczyńska, Gosia // Nursing Standard;1/29/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p30
The article reviews the book "Caring and Killing: Nursing and Psychiatric Practice in Germany, 1931-1943," by Thomas Foth.
- Make your time count. Albertson, Eric // Tire Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p9
The article presents a reprint of the article "Make Your Time Count," by Eric Albertson, which appeared in "SucceedingInBusiness.com Newsletter." It presents suggestions for business owners, corporate executives and sales professionals for time management and work discipline. The author suggests...
- FAIR PAY, NOT JELLY BABIES, WILL BOOST NURSES' MORALE. Harrison, Malcolm // Nursing Standard;12/5/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p33
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Pay gambit is transparent," by Tim Madge in the November 21, 2007 issue.