Canada can release pandemic vaccine earlier if necessary, chief public health officer says
- IN THE NEWS: DO WE NEED FLU SHOTS? J. P. // Baby Talk;Aug2010, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p48
The article presents the release of the universal recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for adults on H1N1 flu virus, which means that the whole U.S. population are boosted to get vaccinated.
- Influenza A virus vaccine H1N1. // Reactions Weekly;9/4/2010, Issue 1317, p28
The article describes the case of a 52-year-old man with type 1 diabetes mellitus who was diagnosed with acute rejection after inoculation with influenza A virus vaccine H1N1.
- Safety of 2009 influenza A H1N1 vaccine affirmed. Pahud, Barbara // Infectious Diseases in Children;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p19
The article focuses on a study by Barbara Pahud and colleagues, affirming the safety of the 2009 influenza A H1N1 vaccine, which was published in a 2012 issue of "Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal."
- Worker Immunization. Rollins, Genna // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2010, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p10
The article presents results from a survey of U.S. hospitals that found a shortage of H1N1 influenza vaccine in 2009 impacted the immunization of medical personnel. A chart concerning health care workers' refusal of the H1N1 vaccine is also presented.
- EXPERTS SAY H1N1 VACCINES INVALUABLE. // Materials Management in Health Care;Feb2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the open letter of health care organizations, professional associations and government agencies which urges the citizens to be immunized against H1N1 influenza in the U.S.
- Get your jabs, frontline workers told. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the advise of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) to the government to continue the H1N1 vaccination programme for priority groups in Great Britain.
- Northeast Texas Public Health District. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);1/21/2010, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the notice published by the Northeast Texas Public Health District to spread awareness on the utility of HlNl Vaccine.
- Swine flu brings helpful reminder. Schlossberg, Mallory // Pipe Dream;11/10/2009, Vol. 76 Issue 18, p9
In this article, the author discusses the risks brought by the swine influenza virus despite the vaccination benefits.
- Talk to customers about the flu shot. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;May2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1092, p34
The article offers information on a survey conducted by Influenza Specialist Group (ISG) related to Australians getting vaccination for H1N1 influenza, which reveals that many avoid getting the vaccination.