Destroyed documents: uncovering the science that Imperial Tobacco Canada sought to conceal
- Efforts to Reprioritise the Agenda in China: British American Tobacco's Efforts to Influence Public Policy on Secondhand Smoke in China. Muggli, Monique E.; Lee, Kelley; Quan Gan; Ebbert, Jon O.; Hurt, Richard D. // PLoS Medicine;Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 12, pe251
Monique Muggli and colleagues study British American Tobacco (BAT) internal documents and find that from the mid 1990s BAT pursued a strategy aimed at influencing the public debate on secondhand smoke in China.
- Structural characterization of rat ventricular tissue exposed to the smoke of two types of waterpipe. Al-Awaida, Wajdy; Najjar, Hossam; Shraideh, Ziad // Iranian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences;Oct2015, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p942
Objective(s): this study focused on the effect of waterpipe smoke exposure toxicity on the structure of albino rat's ventricular tissue and their recovery. Materials and Methods: Albino rats were divided into three groups: control, flavored, and unflavored. The control group was exposed to...
- Stretchy smokes. // New Scientist;2/11/2006, Vol. 189 Issue 2538, p7
The article reports on a controversy related to the elastic cigarettes manufactured by British American Tobacco PLC. The company has in the past developed the elastic cigarettes, which when smoked delivered higher doses of tar and nicotine than stated on the packet. Researcher David Hammond and...
- Relationship between Indoor Nicotine Concentrations, Time-Activity Data, and Urine Cotinine-Creatinine Ratios in Evaluating Children's Exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke. Chan, Chang-Chuan; Chen, Shu-Ching // Archives of Environmental Health;May/Jun95, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p230
Examines the relationship among the three most frequently used environmental tobacco smoke measuring techniques. Indoor nicotine concentrations; Time-activity data; Urine cotinine levels; Families in Taiwan studied; Finding that daily first and day-averaged urine cotinine-creatinine ratios can...
- Gene-environment interaction in tobacco-related cancers. // Carcinogenesis;Aug2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1467
This review summarizes the carcinogenic effects of tobacco smoke and the basis for interaction between tobacco smoke and genetic factors. Examples of published papers on geneâ€“tobacco interaction and cancer risk are presented. The assessment of geneâ€“environment interaction in...
- El humo de cigarro puede aumentar la virulencia microbiana. Holzman, David C. // Salud PÃºblica de MÃ©xico;may/jun2013, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p360
No abstract available.
- BAT claims Vogue launch is not a fashion statement. Hook, Sonya // Grocer;6/4/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8007, p6
The article reports that British American Tobacco (BAT) did not encourage smoking when it launched Vogue Perle.
- As hypocrites, we must smoke out all hypocrisy. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;3/7/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p29
Comments on the perception of chairman Martin Broughton of the British American Tobacco on smoking in Great Britain. Effects of personal opinions on the industry; Details on the conflict-of-interests by Broughton; Discussions on issues of working life in a libertarian society.
- Misleading Conclusions From Altria Researchers About Population Health Effects of Dual Use. Glantz, Stanton A.; Ling, Pamela M. // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Apr2011, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p296
No abstract available.