Minimizing Absenteeism in the Workplace: Strategies for Nurse Managers
- Sick Leave Abuse: A Chronic Workplace Ill? // PA Times;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p1
Reports the prevalence of absenteeism in workplace in the U.S. Increase of unscheduled worker absences; Loss of the company on absenteeism; Abuse on sick leave privilege; Policy on attendance violations.
- Workplace absence rates increase. // Occupational Health;Mar2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p4
Reports that the workplace absence rates are at their highest level since 1996 according to a study by the Work Foundation. Overall absence rates in 2002; Reasons for workplace absences; Effective methods for maximizing attendance.
- CASE STUDY: MTM PRODUCTS LTD. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 30, p8
Focuses on the implementation of work-life balance policies by the MTM Products Ltd. in Great Britain. Working patterns of the company; Decline of absenteeism in the work place; Improvement of sales ratio.
- Clean bill of health? Thomas, Daniel // Employers Law;Mar/Apr2010, p12
The article examines whether the fit-note system that replaced the sicknote system effective April 6, 2010 can solve the sickness absence in Great Britain. The main changes in the fit-note system include an option for doctors to advise if an employee may be fit to work with some support and the...
- Employers failing to tackle effects of absence. // Occupational Health;Oct2003, Vol. 55 Issue 10, p5
Reports on a study conducted by the Work Foundation citing the failure of employers in Great Britain to minimize the effects of absence in the workplace. Costs of absences; Statistics on absences; Remedy to the problem.
- Eleven billion reasons to be business focused. Bailey, Alan // Personnel Today;9/9/2003, p15
There are three inhibitors in minimizing absenteeism at work place. These are fear factor, management and human resources (HR). At a basic level, HR needs to provide sufficient management information on attendance, sick records, trend analysis and benchmarks. This requires common processes,...
- Back Page. // Professional Safety;Jul2004, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p68
Presents several concept related to industrial safety in the U.S. Cost per employee for unscheduled absences from work; Definition of terms; Presentation of safety photograph of the month.
- Greener Spaces. // OfficePro;Oct2002, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p4
Deals with the effects of plants on workplace environments according to research compiled by Plants at Work. Impact of plants on absenteeism; Effect of plants on stress among employees.
- Aversive Workplace Conditions and Absenteeism: Taking Referent Group Norms and Supervisor Support Into Account. Biron, Michal; Bamberger, Peter // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jul2012, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p901
Past research reveals inconsistent findings regarding the association between aversive workplace conditions and absenteeism, suggesting that other, contextual factors may play a role in this association. Extending contemporary models of absence, we draw from the social identity theory of...