UK furniture bows to Swedish influence
- Ikea plans larger Burbank store. // Furniture/Today;11/19/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p30
The article focuses on the company Ikea which is planning to open a new retail store in Burbank, California by 2016.
- Stores dispute Ikea threat. // Cabinet Maker;11/22/2002, Issue 5314, p2
Reports on the disputes over the decision of Stockport Council to block the opening of the store owned by IKEA Furniture Co. in Cheshire, England. Size of the store; Location of the store; Views of the local store owners on the construction of IKEA superstore.
- Ikea saying hello to Columbus. // Furniture/Today;2/2/2015, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p2
The article focuses on the planning of the home furnishings company Ikea to open a retail store in the Polaris Centers of Commerce development in Columbus, Ohio in 2017, for which it is seeking the approval from the government.
- Ikea expanding Austin-area store. // Furniture/Today;10/22/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p172
The article reports that Sweden-based retailer Ikea is planning to expand its store in Round Rock, Texas, by 54,000 square feet, making more space for its self-service furniture area.
- First IKEA store in Puerto Rico opens today in BayamÃ©n. // Caribbean Business;6/13/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p54
The article announces the opening of the first home-furnishing retailer IKEA store in BayamÃ©n, Puerto Rico.
- IKEA Needs Full Approval Before Opening Stores in India. // India -- West;9/28/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 45, pB10
The article informs that the Sweden-based home furnishings company IKEA will open its stores in India only after receiving full approval from the Indian government.
- Ikea sets sights on fifth London store. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2013, Issue 5860, p8
The article reports that furniture company Ikea has selected Greenwich in London, England as the potential new home of its fifth outlet in England.
- Untitled. Sidders, Jack // Estates Gazette;6/27/2015, Issue 848, p1
In this article, the author offers information on the plan of the furniture retail firm Ikea to open a shop in Norwich, England that is one-tenth the size of its usual warehouses.
- Govt. Panel Clears Rs. 100B Proposal of IKEA. // India -- West;1/25/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 10, pA34
The article offers information on the Foreign Investment Promotion Board of India that cleared the investment proposal of Swedish furniture company, IKEA on January 21, 2013 to set up retail stores in India along with cafeterias.