Land of Leather
- Majority of LoL stores to close. // Cabinet Maker;4/3/2009, Issue 5631, p7
The article reports on the move of furniture retailer Land of Leather Ltd. to close the majority of the remaining 19 stores by April 10, 2009 in Great Britain. Deloitte partner and joint administrator Lee Manning emphasizes that upon the closure of the stores, the processing of any orders will...
- Out of the comfort zone. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);10/6/2010, p26
The article presents an analysis on the future of furniture retailing in Great Britain. In 2008 and 2009, furniture sales fell which resulted into collapses such as Land of Leather Ltd. and The Pier. Mintel forecasts that the furniture market will grow by 0.8% in 2010 and it will be worth almost...
- LoL heads for Ireland as sales top Â£100m. // Cabinet Maker;6/18/2004, Issue 5393, p3
Reports on the plan of leather upholstery retailer Land of Leather to open a retail furniture store in Ireland. Significance of the opening for the company's expansion; Structural design and size of the building where the store is located; Store format and outlook that will be introduced.
- Sainsbury's man at LoL. // Cabinet Maker;6/24/2005, Issue 5444, p3
Reports that Roger Matthews has been appointed as non-executive chairman of Land of Leather as it prepares for its stock market flotation, expected in mid-July 2005. Former Sainsbury's finance director; Expected value of the store chain; Conversion to a plc on the Alternative Investment Market.
- Harveys 'compensates' LoL customers. // Cabinet Maker;1/23/2009, Issue 5621, p6
The article reports on the decision of furniture specialist Harveys Furnishings Group Ltd. to compensate Land of Leather (LoL) customers who may be set to lose out after the firm went into administration in Great Britain. The LoL customers can receive a discount of up to 20% off a new order at...
- Mystery Shopper Portsmouth: The Bedroom Centre. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p10
Relates experiences on furniture shopping at The Bedroom Centre in Portsmouth, England. Impression of missing external sign of the store's name; Comments on the layout of the store; Failure of the staff to assist customer needs. INSET: Top Tips.
- Mystery Shopper Portsmouth: Findon's Beds. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p10
Relates experiences on furniture shopping at Findon's Beds in Portsmouth, England. Assessment of the assistance service; Opinion of the store's environment; Willingness to establish good rapport.
- Mystery Shopper Portsmouth: This Week's Winner. // Cabinet Maker;7/6/2001, Issue 5245, p11
Relates experiences of furniture shopping at Marriots in Portsmouth, England. Satisfaction of staff attentive service; Comments on store layout and location; Opinion of product knowledge and information of assistants.
- Land of Leather launches its first 'safe' shopping scheme. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/12/2001, Issue 5259, p1
Reports the launching of protection bond scheme by the furniture retailer Land of Leather (LoL) company in Great Britain. Effectivity of the plan based on insurance bond of customers' cheque and cash deposits; Objective of shopping scheme plan. INSET: Enter the new world of retail, by Audrey...