Communication problems? The answer's in the intranet
- Siskel, Ebert would enjoy this techno debate. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/27/97, Vol. 15 Issue 21, pB-1
Focuses on the benefits of the intranet for businesses. Enabling of businesses to share communication and information; Linking with local area network or wide area network.
- Online Systems Provide Communications Link. Coffey, Tim // San Diego Business Journal;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p15
Discusses the use of intranet and electronic billboards by companies for inter- and intra-office communications. Features of Qualcomm's Qualnet system; Information posted on the ISSAIC system of Science Applications International Corp. every time an employee is hired; Office communications...
- The benefits of high-performance network caching. Galvin, Peter // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p58
Discusses the advantages to multinational corporations of adopting the intranet technology for their communication system. Benefits of high-performance network caching; Traffic elimination; Drawbacks of traditional global intranets.
- Intranets for the CD-ROM Librarian. Benzing, Matthew M. // Computers in Libraries;Oct98, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p54
Focuses on the usefulness and establishment of intranets in libraries. How the intranet is more limited than the Internet; How library intranets can be used; Intranets and CD-ROM for staff applications software; Problems in setting up an intranet communication system; The establishment on an...
- Intranet applications briefs. // Network World;02/16/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p25
Presents various news briefs relating to the Intranet with reference to several business enterprises. Indication that Bruce Bond was appointed president and chief executive officer of the PictureTel Corporation; Details on the release of Autonomy Incorporated's products; Information on eSafe...
- Let's Make A Deal. Cooper, Lane; Mottl, Judith // Network World;09/28/98, Vol. 15 Issue 39, Intranet p10
Focuses on how companies can select an intranet outsourcing firm. Selection of intranet outsourcing firms by referrals or industry networking connections; Comments made by Charlie Linek, human resources Web development team director at Lucent Technologies company; Criteria for selecting an...
- The evolving corporate intranet. Barker, Paul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec97, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p67
Focuses on the work of intranets in companies of Europe. Concept of intranets; Accessibility of intranets; Requirements for the use of intranets; Absence of difference in the technologies used both in intranets and extraneus. INSET: Top 10 tips for implementing an intranet..
- Intranet applications for the enterprise. Kennedy, Michael // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul97, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p29
Comments on the use of intranet applications as a means of internal communications in business enterprises. What are the business advantages of intranets; How intranets operate; Details on push technologies in employee communications operations; Information on a number of corporate intranet...
- Intranets. // Inter@ctive Week;08/12/96, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p41
Presents brief news stories on some business enterprises which provide Intranet services. Details on Borland International Incorporated's IntraBuilder product; Reference to the support service introduced by Microsoft Corporation for agencies using its messaging programs on Intranets;...