Regency gears up to offer repair service
- Regency extends award winning guarantees. // Cabinet Maker;03/20/98, Issue 5080, p20
Reports that Regency Warranties was given the Insurance Brokers Industry award for innovation in extended warranty packages.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Mar1993, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p34
Presents answers to `Country Living' readers questions about restoring furniture from a furniture restorer. Eliminating loud creak in small drop-leaf table; How to age a newly woven split chair seat; Removing old veneer; More.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Mar1995, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p82
Presents answers to questions on furniture restoration. Includes covering water rings and cigarette burns on wood; Use of maple to make wooden toys; Use of aromatic oil distilled from red cedar to restore scent to cedar-lined chest.
- The question box. Varese, Michael // Country Living;Mar1996, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p58
Responds to inquiries concerning furniture conservation and restoration. Veneer pieces replacement; Caring for gumwood; Reasons why furniture restorers refuse to do house calls.
- Saving an old cane chair. Harvey, Kathy L. // Country Journal;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p67
Gives details on cane chairs. Types of chairs; Preserving a cane seat; How to make repairs; Sources. INSET: The cost of recaning..
- How to apply a wax finish. Capotosto, R. // Popular Mechanics;May88, Vol. 165 Issue 5, p51
Most factory-built furniture has a wax topcoat that adds a rich luster to the wood's surface while protecting the finish. Therefore, it's important to maintain a protective wax finish on your furniture. Tips on obtaining a professional-quality wax finish.
- How to fix a problem drawer. Barrett, P. // Popular Mechanics;Aug88, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p121
Over time, drawer rails can loosen and components can become misaligned. Tips on types of mounting systems, wooden and metal tracks, and repairs for drawers.
- First aid for furniture. Capotosto, R. // Popular Mechanics;Jun89, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p103
Presents information on the Wood Medic repair and touch-up kit, used to repair furniture. Using the product; List of items in kit; Ordering information.
- Repairing damaged finishes. Capotosto, R.; Retseck, G. // Popular Mechanics;Oct90, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p67
Offers tips for repairing damaged finishes on furniture. Cleaning; Crazing/alligatoring; Gouges; Shellac sticks; White spots; Burns; Blistered/peeled veneer.